Through the Years with Patsy Clairmont

When founder Steve Arterburn first envisioned Women of Faith, pint-sized dynamo Patsy Clairmont was one of the first speakers he signed up for this new event. Sixteen years later both Patsy and Women of Faith are still going strong!

Patsy Clairmont- 2002

Patsy once suffered from agoraphobia, unable to leave her house or even her bedroom. Now she skips around the country in her cowboy boots sharing stories and insights.

Patsy Clairmont, Marilyn Meberg, Luci Swindoll

“One of my favorite people in Scripture is Moses…Right at the beginning of his life he starts off as a basket case.” Patsy Clairmont
Patsy Clairmont

WoF: Patsy, do you really call your PT Cruiser “Babycakes”?
Patsy: I do. I feel that cars operate better if they have a name.

Patsy Clairmont

“I don’t see anywhere in the Book where it tells us we will have it all together until we see the sweet feet of Jesus.” Patsy Clairmont

Patsy Clairmont

Patsy loves a rainy day, a good book, and a deep cushioned chair. Given a day off, she shops, solves the world’s problems with a friend over lunch, and hugs the stuffing out of her two grandsons, Justin and Noah.

[image – there’s one of her with the boys from last year’s AdvoCare banner]

See Patsy in person at Over the Top! On Fridays she joins forces with Andy Andrews (who refers to Patsy as “my favorite tiny person”) before settling in with her Porch Pals for the Friday night-Saturday sessions. Don’t miss it! See the schedule here.

Comments

4Given says

while chatting with a friend the other night on fb, i told her that i was writing a blog entry on being an emotional basket case… the first thing she said to me was, “Moses was a basket case.” I knew right then I was in good company – after all, it was Moses after all!! Needless to say, I loved the comment about Moses being Patsy’s favorite people in Scripture because he starts off as a basket case!

Sandy Lough says

Love and miss you, sweet Patsy! I’ll see you in San Antonio this year! Love to your whole wonderful family…

Karne says

Will Patsy be in Charlotte, NC this year? I have only been to a few WoF conferences and she is one of my favorites!

4. Patsy you have impacted my life as I have heard you speak many times over the years. Why, because you always stir my heart to laughter and then pierce it with God’s truth. At one particular WOF conference, when you spoke, I had once again laughed and then was pierced with God’s truth. However, something kept piercing my heart! So, I reached towards my heart to discover the underwire of my bra had broken in two and was really piercing my flesh near my heart! I still have that underwire and use it when I speak to demonstrate how God often uses real life experiences to pierce our hearts with His truth! Love you lots,

Lise Riehle says

Looking forward to the sept conf in Ca.

Patti Stankovich says

Patsy is one of my favorite WOF speakers :) I always look forward to hearing what she has to say, and she never disappoints.

Love you Patsy!!!!!

Traci Nelson says

Loved the comment about Moses. I may have to use it as my status on Facebook. I am so sad that I will miss the conference this year in Atlanta. I dearly love coming down and spending time with all of you!
    Love and blessings to all.
    Traci

Gayle says

Patsy, my mom names her cars too. She calls all her cars Bessie after her grandmother.

Julie Ramsey says

Patsy is great. I saw her a couple years ago in Kansas City at the Women of Faith conference. She makes you smile and she makes you cry and laugh all at the same time.

Millie McGillivray says

I will be going to Philadelphia in Sept. This will be my sixth year of WOF. I am sad that Patsy will not be there this year. I love all her Porch Friends, but Patsy and Marilyn are my favorite…will miss them both this year.

Linda Schaer says

Patsy, I can’t wait to see you in Denver. May God bless you!

12. LOVE, love, love Patsy! I’ve been tapping into Patsy’s charm and wit and wisdom through every one of those years. I don’t think I could have stayed married or raised my children without her influence. I’d go see her and the rest of the WOF teams at a WOF event at every opportunity.

e j nafziger says

Dear Patsy, I really like your reasons for “Through the Years. In October/November 2010, I attended your conference in Rochester, new York. You spoke about being a contentious woman. The Lord spoke to me that day, and I cannot say I have victory, as the devil knows he can get me to fail in this area almost every time. I have been that woman for years and so it is hard for me overcome. Pray for me. Thank you – EJ N

Teri M. Smith says

I will always be thankful for Patsy. Walking into the collisum the morning after I found out my husband had been unfaithful to me, I wanted to scream at everybody and tell them that my heart had just been torn to shreds and I didn’t want to live anymore. Patsy was on the stage giving one of her talks and had a broom in her hand. The sentence that came out that October day in Charlotte NC was, “Never let someone rob you of your joy!” After dealing with the pain and the loss of my marriage tearing my sweet family apart, that sentence to this day continues to give me a hope and a peace that only He can give you. Thank you Patsy for being there when my world was, I thought ending. Now, eleven years later, I can go to those meetings and Praise and Worship my sweet Jesus with the blessing of knowing, there’s NO ONE gonna rob me of my joy!

Linda says

Patsy, you are amazing!! I love your humor! When I read something you wrote I can even imagine you voice saying the words!! Laughter is a wonderful gift! Thanks and God Bless!

Chris says

Patsy, Thank you so much for being who you are. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. We love you.

P.s. I also have a “babycakes” and am originally from Michigan. See you at WOF 2011.

Suzanne lonn says

You are one of the highlights of my life. See you in Spokane in Sept.

Kathy says

Patsy,
    I love all of you ladies, you are all so uplifting. I wish that all of you would make it back to the Detroit, Mi area again. With all the problems that may are facing, job lose, which has created a pyrimid of other issues, divorce, abuse, etc, we need something good the come to us and give us your kind, loving, and hopeful words of wisdom. I knowthat they are coming straight from God himself, and it do read his word and pray to him all the time. But your love and humor would be of great help as most of us don’t have the funds to go out

Kathy says

to visit other states.

Deb Thurman says

Patsy, The first time I saw you at WOF in OKC, I immediately started to cry. You reminded me so much of my late grandmother, I felt the need to run up to the stage and throw my arms around your neck and tell you how much I love you. She was such a precious and loving God-fearing woman! I miss her so. Each year I get to see you, I still think of my GaGa but have begun to look forward to hearing from you just because of who you are and the message God has give you to share. Love you and God bless.

Sue says

How does Patsy keep looking younger every year?? It must be the lunches with friends, shopping and reading on rainy days. Now I am SO excited, again, to see her again in Denver this year.

22. I LOVE, LOVE YOU, PATSY!!!!!!

Amy says

Patsy I did post your Moses quote on my FB status! It was the hit of the day! You always cheer me up and remind me to look at myself with humor. God has given us such great light in knowing you thru WOF. Bless.

24. Missed you last year Patsy! Hope to see you this year at Honda Center.
    Hey ladies, I’m giving ways a pair of suite tickets. Enter at http://thinkonitbibledevotions.com/WomenofFaith2011Giveaway.aspx

Chris Biddle-Walker says

Dear Patsy and Women of Faith,

I have been an avid fan and attendee for the past 5 years and love all of you dearly. I would love to see you offer a seat on the front porch with the ladies to one or two of the guests at each show… and I would absolutely love to volunteer to be the first recipient!! After all, It’s the least that I can do. LOL
    With much love and praying for God’s blessings on each and every one of you and your families. Chris

26. I love Patsy, she is my favorite from the very beginning when I went for my first time in CA. with my sister. She is very entertaining, I love her laughter and she always makes me feel wonderful and fulfilled after each time I see her at Women of Faith. I have never missed going and look forward to this year for Over The Top. God Bless!

Ginger says

You are “AWESOME”

Angel says

I first met Patsy when I was a newly saved teenager in 1987. I didn’t meet her in person, but through Focus on the Family radio. She was speaking on how “God uses cracked pots”. I instantly feel in love with this lady!! I ordered the tape from this broadcast and still have it…after 24 YEARS!!I listen to it often and share with as many friends as I can! It was such a treat to hear her speak in person this year in Las Vegas in April and I hope to see her again in the years to come. Thank you Patsy for being a Godly influence and inspiration to this “cracked pot” God Bless you and your family!!

Julie says

I’m SO looking forward to seeing you along with your Porch Pals in Indianapolis this year. I love your humor & your heartfelt sincerity. Can’t wait to get a good scoop of that love only Women of Faith provides. Thank you for your honesty & sincerity & helping us put one foot in front of the other!

Sandy says

Patsy is one women I wish I could be more like. Her Love and excitement is contagious when you are around her but when you go back to your life it fades fast. Don’t stop Patsy we need you!

Marian says

I been going to WOF conferences for 15 years and Patsy just keeps getting better….. she is a true ‘basket case’ and we all love her!!!

Marian says

I have been goint to WOF Conferences for 15-Years and have laughed with Patsy at every one of them…. She is truely a ‘basket case’!!!! And we love her dearly….. can’t wait till 2012 in Columbus, Ohio!!!!

jane says

I love you, Patsy Clairmont. You are the best encouragement! Thank you for being a real person.

Bettye says

Love this pint size young woman of God, look forward to seeing her and listening to her words of wisdom @ every WOF I attend…..love you much

Sara says

I will never forget my first Women of Faith Conference in Orlando, Florida in the mid 90′s. I have never cried so much and laughed so hard, both at the same time!!
    Each woman that spoke that day touched me in their own unique way. But, having experienced a very difficult, dark period in my life in the early 90′s, Patsy Clairmont truly touched my heart with humor throughout her story. I love to laugh and have found laughter truly is the best medicine!!
    God is amazing in that He gives us exactly what we need the very moment we need it.

Nancy Fielder says

Patsy, you are my all time favorite lady of Women of Faith. Your humor is intoxicating. You lift me up and inspire me with your stories and words of wisdom.