I Was Born for This! – by Marilyn Meberg

I was Born for This! - by Marylin Meberg

Many of us assume that we were born to do something great, perhaps something that would change the world and make it a better place. . . Instead, we wake up each morning, eat our Ezekiel toast and sip our green tea that tastes like lawn clippings, and go on with our day. We go to bed at night, with or without Ambian, wake up, and start all over again. Few of us would exult over this routine and crow, “I was born for this!”

But we need to take a minute and ask the question, “Why was I born?” in light of Scripture. Does it answer that weighty question? The answer is yes. In fact, it answers the question with profound simplicity.

Refresh your memory with Ephesians 1:4, which states, “Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us.” This amazing scripture says He loved us before He flung the stars into place or created the coastline of Laguna Beach, California. We got top love-billing before absolutely every other created thing. He loved us even before He created us. Does that not blow your mind?

We find the same theme in Ephesians 1:11, which states, “He chose us from the beginning, and all things happen just as he decided long ago.” What was it He chose? He chose to create us so that He might love us. He chose us to be the recipient of His never-ending, unfathomable love.

So then, why were we born? We were born to be loved by God! Plain and simple!

Some of you may be muttering a bit. I can hear you saying, “How can you reduce that huge question about why we were born to such a simplistic ‘God created us so he could love us’
answer?”

I didn’t reduce it; God did.

Excerpted from Love Me, Never Leave Me © 2008 by Marilyn Meberg. Published in Nashville, Tennessee, by Thomas Nelson. Used with permission. All rights reserved.

Comments

Darleen Bacon says

Marilyn, God has been teaching me that I was created to bring Him glory and enjoy Him forever…like question one of the Westminster Catechism of the chief end of man. It’s less about me receiving and more about God receiving glory…I like that…the less life is about me the better since that’s where my flesh goes immediately. I’m going to have to miss WOF in Hartford this year due to my grandson being born…I’m crushed, but I’m sending 55 ladies from Northern VT in my place. Give them a good time for me. It’s a teary day since I won’t be with you next weekend. I love all you girls and truly wish I could be with you…but for now glory to my God says I minister to this little family just starting out. Love you! Darleen Bacon

Millie Geibel says

I really need this information from Marilyn, as I have been feeling pretty down lately about myself and my life. Once again, God found a way to open my eyes to the fact that He is with me always and knows my every thought and concerns, and with this specific writing from Marilyn He’s made me realize my self importance….Just Love My Awesome God and how He comes to me and enlightens me through other sources!!!

Corina says

I was able to attend (thanks for a fellow church member and dear friend) the Women of Faith conference held in SA recently and I have to tell you. What you had to say really touched me. Keep doing what you are doing. You are definitely making a difference. God Bless.

Fran says

These words in Ephesians had a huge impact on my life and it is so amazing to me that before the beginning of time, He chose me! In spite of and despite of my lifestyle, my self sufficiency, my choices/decisions, my rebellion, He chose ME! He chose ME to be adopted into His family! I am in awe each time I ponder those words.Thank you for the reminder. Thank you Father for choosing me!

Kathleen says

You overlooked the most important thing…we were created to give glory to God.

Linda Crutchfield says

I love this woman, Marilyn Meberg. She is so straight forward and funny and loving and caring at the same time. I always look forward to her writings and her talks at WOF. She is a favorite of mine and has been for years. Thank you Lord for such a special Christian woman, one who shares her love and her faith, and her knowledge of you and your love.

Erma Jean says

I love you Marilyn and admire your faithfulness to serve God and others. It is God who gives us strength day by day to go on … to love and be loved by Him.

8. This morning, this is what I needed to hear. Thank you.

Jane Bremer says

Wow! Do you really realize how you are working through God, Marilyn?! I needed to hear those words today…and so many of the writings from Women of Faith touch me so much…I look forward to these every day! You are blessed…and you are a blessing!

Dana W says

Thank you for the uplifting message. I needed it today!

Tracy Frazier says

Simple…but never PLAIN!!!! :) Thank you Jesus for your love and mercy. You are INDEED my very great reward!

Claudia says

It takes your breath away

13. Never thought of it like that before. Very good! I can surely live with that.

Tamara says

This is great…We humans seem to make most things way to complicated when God entended them to be much simpler for us…Please don’t get hung up on He knew us before the beginning of time…so he knew what was going to happen to us? He gave us free choice…we made the choices along the road of life but He turns all things to good if we just let Him.

15. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150259474046503&set=t.1411946269&type=1

Thanks for this awesome reminder!!! If anyone has not yet read “Love me never leave me”…Please read it!!!

I guarantee you will love it!

I love you Marilyn!

Melissa says

Thank you. I love the simple, direct truth. Being a mother of 4 I really love and benefit from such clarity.

Terry Carroll says

Thank you, Marilyn. Once again, God used Women of Faith to remind me of what I mean to Him. I really needed the boost. God Bless.

18. As I read your words of wisdom, I realized how much of a struggle it is to believe He loves “me”. But then I remember Ps. 139 where it says that he knew me when I was knit together in my mothers womb. He knew everything I would do before I was born and He still loves “me” just as I am. WOW!!!!! and WOW!!!! Amen

Kathy Williams says

Hi Marilyn also it says in Ephesians 1:6 He has made us accepted in the beloved. Now is that awesome or what? Also from John Bevere’s book: A Heart Ablaze, God told John that the whole point of christianity is to have an intimate relationship with Jesus. That’s it then everything else will fall in places at His perfect timing.

Beth Hoffmann says

Thank you for this support for the question and response that are part of our worship service:
    Because God first loved us, what is our purpose?
    Called, we worship; Blessed, we share; Sent, we serve.

Karen Wanke says

As I lay down to sleep at night it is so comforting to know that God loves me and chose me. It makes the pressures of the day fade into perfect joy, peace and contentment. What a way to go to sleep. Thank you

Chris says

Thank you so much, I really needed to hear this today. God bless you and all Women of Faith.

Sue Houser says

Thank you for you humorous but serious messages you give us. I have been in your company for many years in Sacramento, San Jose and even Phoenix and have been inspired by you and the Porch pals. So many of us love you and the time and energy it takes to travel. You were meant for such a time as this! God Bless you! Love, Sue

Gayle Thompson says

Thanks I needed this at this time.

Loretta says

If we all only had that “simple” faith…… maybe we wouldn’t make understanding things so difficult. I have enjoyed you thru the years at WOF Conferences. Keep on keepin’ on!! Thank you for what you do!