Christmas Table Talk

Women of Faith Advent
Christmas Table TalkChristmas Table Talk

What is your favorite part of Christmas?

If you could spend a Christmas holiday anywhere in the world, where would it be?

What gift that you have received was the biggest surprise?

If you could give any one person any gift you wanted to, what would it be and to whom?

Feel free to respond in the comments below!

Excerpted from Simplify Your Holidays © 2008 Marcia Ramsland. Published in Nashville, Tennessee by Thomas Nelson. Used with permission. All rights reserved.

Women of Faith Advent

Comments

Marj Bill says

I’d spend it in the Congo, with our son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter, missionaries to the Congo

2. The fact of Christ birth is my greatest gift, spending time with my family is my second best gift and my favorite place to be. Loving the season is a special blessing. Hearing the “story” as told by my great-granny (and re-told here)
    htt://rbriddle-blog.blogspot.com would my greatest and most pleasant surprise.

Darlene says

If I could give any Christmas present to anyone I would give my mother who is 78 yeats old the gift of having all her children home at the same time. Along with her grandchildren. There was six of us kids and we have not all been home at the same time since 1979. What a wonderful surprise that would be for her, but almost impossible since we all live in different areas of the USA.

Michele says

my favorite memories and gifts are when me and my family, siblings and their families would all gather at my mom’s and open gifts eat good food and just spend time talking.
    My gift would be to my children and family to come back to Christ and find a good church family, I pray my family accepts God’s free gift of Salvation and comes back to Him. <

Laurie H. says

My favorite part of Christmas is singing carols at church – I love that!

The biggest surprise I ever received at Christmas was at our first Christmas as husband and wife. My husband-to-be didn’t have money for an engagement ring when he proposed because he had just bought a house. I told him honestly that I didn’t care because I loved him and didn’t need a ring to show that. We were married in August and I was just beaming to see that simple gold band on my left ring finger. When Christmas came, we were excitedly opening presents when my new husband tossed a small package at me. As I opened it and saw the obvious jewelry box, I thought, how lovely, he bought me a pair of fancy earrings. I opened that box and the happy tears just came streaming down my cheeks to see a beautiful diamond engagement ring. 10 years later, that man still surprises me.

If I could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, it would be at home…with all of my family there. We’ve reached a transition this year where my parents are unable to travel to be near us and our children are grown just enough to be out of the house, moved far away, and not able to come home for Christmas. I’m struggling a bit, missing these loved ones.

If I could give any gift to anyone at all, I would give my sister the gift of faith. She breaks my heart every day.

I am so grateful that God holds all of us in the palm of His hand and never lets go!

6. I would say for Christmas I would purchase the local business my husband so badly wants to do. He is an awesome husband and dad. He takes whatever job is available, no matter how degrading, just to make sure we are provided for. He never complains and this last job has been very stressful. The new jobs haven’t been by choice but the last two went under and he never missed a beat in getting something until something better comes along.

Jacque Lindsey says

My favorite part of Christmas is the lights. It is a reminder to me that Jesus is the light unto this dark world that we live in. If I could spend Christmas anywhere it would be to have ALL of my family with me at Christmas. The gift that was the biggest surprise to me was when I was about 12 or 13 I got the stero that I wanted for Christmas. My parents had been telling me that it was way to expensive and they could not afford it. When I woke up on Christmas morning it was not there but there was a beautifully wrapped small package and inside was a clue to where my gift was hiding. When I saw that stero I fell to my knees and started crying. My parents made the sacrifices needed so that I could have that $100.00 stero. If I could give someone a special gift it would have to be the gift of Jesus. I don’t want anyone to not know Jesus and the peace and love that he gives to all that know him and accept him.

8. Man, if i could spend the Christmas holiday anywhere i the world it would be Israel!….how awesome would it be to be at the very place Jesus was born..on His birthday!

Pat Earnest says

My favorite part is that we sing songs and focus on celebrating Jesus, with all of the beautiful decorations and lights. He is our Light! I would be with my son, who is expecting his first child, and my grandson. My biggest surprise was tickets hidden in our Christmas tree, for me to spend a week with my son while in Tucson in the Air Force. Ah, the gift. It would have to be salvation, so they could have the peace needed to continue to live in this crazy world. And, know that no matter what, God has it in His control, and is taking care of them. To Him be all glory!!

10. I’d spend it in Argentina! Mostly because that’s where we are, although we’re missing our friends and family. This will be a Christmas to remember!