Eggnog French Toast Casserole

Eggnog-French-Toast-Casserole

A make-ahead breakfast perfect for Christmas morning!

1 loaf French Bread
8 oz. Cream Cheese
10 Eggs
2 cups Eggnog
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Slice and cube bread into 1-inch cubes. Layer half into greased 9” x 13” pan. Cube cream cheese into small pieces and scatter across bread in pan. Cover with remaining bread cubes.

Mix eggs, eggnog, cinnamon & nutmeg. Pour over bread mixture, making sure that bread is completely covered. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, bake uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Serve with maple syrup. Serves 8.

Comments

Ginger says

Christmas morning breakfast was a success with the eggnog french toast.The arroma during baking was welcoming and the taste was even better. Everyone was happy and satisfied.

Beth says

My son made this for Christmas breakfast the whole family as we celebrated together at Estes Park. It was very good. Thanks for sending it to us.

Frank McClure says

Thank you to whoever experimented and came up with this. It is Awesome. It will be my Christmas Morning meal from now on.

Susan says

A new Christmas Eve tradition. My husband pronounced this “outstanding”! Thanks for sharing!

Loretta says

Loved it! We had this for Christmas Eve morning and Christmas. Soooo good! Thanks for sharing this with us and for all the encouragement throughout the year!

Cindy D. says

This sounds sooo yummy! French toast is one of my favorites :) Thanks for sharing.

Sandy Fix says

Sounds yummy. Thanks a lot.

8. Ooh, this sounds YUMMY!!! I think I know what I’m making for Christmas morning!

Lori says

…got… good grief…

Lori says

Why, oh, why did I not open this email until AFTER I git back from the store today?? {…sigh…}

tami dyer says

I need a WOF cookbook…..hint hint hint

Catherine Reed says

Iam going to try it. My daughter lives across the street from us and we go there Christmas morning, so I will take this with me!!!Thanks so much

Lena says

Thank you so much! I can hardly wait to try it! I am sharing this with friends and family on the mainland! Merry Christmas!

Donna Hrehor says

Thanks so much for the recipe, will give it a try! God bless you all for sharing God with others!!! Merry Christmas!!!

15. This sounds so good. I’m going to make 1/2 the recipe for breakfast in the morning, and try it out. Then a whole one on Christmas. We use eggnog till it goes off the shelves. I do a eggnog bread pudding~~close to the same. Adding blue berries sounds good too. Have a blessed Christmas.

Joyce says

OHhhhhh….this sounds YUMMY….can hardly wait to make this for Christmas morning breakfast! Thank you and Merry Christmas to you all!

Dar says

Thx! God bless & happy eating.

Mary says

I can’t wait to try this. I sent this to my sisters and gave it to the girls here in the office. Thanks for sending us something we can make to warm the tummies of our loved ones on Christmas morning.
    Merry Christmas to you and God Bless us Everyone…..

19. Can’t wait to try this one. Looks like something even this kitchen-chicken might be able to accomplish! Thanks.

Becky says

I have been making something similar to this for many Christmas’s now. My recipe is low fat. It has apples (4) and a cup of dried cranberries. Egg substitute and low fat evaporated milk. My family keeps growing (3 grandchildren now) so I’ll be making a double batch this year.

Bonny says

Thank you for this wonderful recipe. I passed this along to the girls in my office and I hope that they will attempt to inspire their families with this warm and delightful breakfast idea. Merry Christmas to all.

Lynne says

Can’t wait to taste it. Yummy. Looks good.

Pat says

I’d like to suggest some healthy subsitutions: whole wheat style bread for the french bread, egg substitute for the 10 eggs, & low-fat or fat free cream cheese. The eggnog & spices will be more than enough flavor to make this healthier version yummy! I haven’t been able to find any low fat/ low sugar eggnog yet, but if you can find a brand that offers that option, use that too (& email us with that info!) You could even add some dried cherries, or cranberries to add some more flavor & give it a pretty holiday look. :-) Healthy Holidays!

April Buchwald says

Thank you for the alternative method. I was thinking it was much too sweet and too fattning, but you solved that problem with your ideas. Now I will try it. Thanks, April B.

Ranette Rindal says

This depends on your definition of healthy. My naturopath, who is getting me healthy, would totally disagree. Artificial sweeteners are poison. Also she has me off all low fat and I am losing weight eating whole dairy products, when I can find them. We have too much artificial in our diets. Just sayin’. I am going to go with the whole grain bread however.

Ellen says

My favorite recipe is very similar to this…I add fresh Maine blueberries with the cream chesse!

Sheri says

This sounds wonderful! Going to try it. Thanks!

Jennifer says

Sounds so yummy! Looking forward to trying it!!!
    Thank you!!

Lori says

Happiness in a pan! and how easy…thanks for sharing! MERRY CHRISTmas:-)

Reenie Davis says

This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it. I was blessed to serve with World Vision at the Charlotte, NC WOF conference. Look forward to attending the next one! A blessed Christmas to you all.

Beth says

Cindy says

ooooohhh!! Sounds yummy! Now I know what I’m making for breakfast Christmas morning. Thanks for passing that along.