Pat Smith Joins Women of Faith Team

Pat SmithFrom the outside, Pat appeared to be wildly successful—yet she spent much of her time frustrated, trying to find her place in the world and feeling like no one was listening. “I was never noticed because of what I had accomplished,” Pat recalls, “but rather who I was with.” This despite being a former Miss Virginia (and first runner-up in the Miss USA pageant), philanthropist, and mom of four. (To be fair, when ‘who you’re with’ is Pat’s husband—Dancing With the Stars champion and former Dallas Cowboy Emmit Smith—it can be difficult to get noticed.)

It wasn’t until, as Pat puts it, “God shut me down” that she truly learned “God has a purpose and a plan for each of us and true fulfillment comes in living for His purpose in your life and not your own.” That led to Pat founding Treasure You, a support group for “other women who felt the same way as me” devoted to encouraging women to find their passion in life.

“In finding my voice,” she says, “I realized that it was God’s voice guiding me all along.” At Celebrate What Matters Pat will share her story and encourage us to “Seek God first in all things, push past the fear, step out and act on it. As Proverbs 3:5 says, ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight!’”

Pat will be part of Celebrate What Matters events in several cities across the U.S. Have you registered yet? Seats are going fast! Click below for to find out about the Celebrate What Matters event near you!

Find an Event Near You

Comments

Success David says

I thank God for HIS glory and faithfulness toward Pat and all the numerous women her testimony would touch by her latest move.

Carol L. Sauter says

Is it true that Mary Pat Jones may be joining your team? I am praying for that opportunity and also praying it’s within my traveling distance to attend. I am in the Phoenix area and would love to see her / hear her inspiring message somewhere in Colorado, Arizona, or California.

I pray for each member of the team, both on stage gifted speakers as well as the behind the scenes teams, of which there are many, I am sure. May God bless each of you.

In His Love,
    Carol

Connie Lape says

Dear Women of Faith:

Will you please consider returning to St. Louis, Mo.? Thanks.

Connie

Karen says

Hi, lately I have feeling as though I and my needs and desires are just simply invisible to God! My heart is breaking. I look forward to reading in this ministry. What a surprise to come across this at such a time as this.

trudie says

Thank you Miss Pat for the perfect verse at the perfect time. You fit perfectly with the other Women of Faith!

Kristy Sipe says

This is why I miss the two day events. Since MT is one of those towns where it was decided to do only one day events we know longer get to meet people like Pat Smith and hear her story. My mom and I really enjoyed being able to have a weekend where no men were included and we could go and learn and grow and have a mother/daughter special weekend. Maybe someday you will realize this time is special and creates memories that we would not otherwise have.

Helen Johnson says

Good-morning Pat.. My name is ms: Helen Johnson.. Please forgive me.. You do not know of me… I am praying for a Miracle today. I just turned 61 yrs on 5/8/2012 and I had to flea from our home in the middle of the night with my clothes on my back.. @ 61 I never thought that my life would be turned upside down.. I losted everything that I worked to have but that was a nightmare.. That it still in my mind so much so that eventhough that pain of my life is over… If I hear noices I would jump up and check to see if I locked the door and the padio door… Today I am asking of you with a humble heart.. That I have a BGE bill that carried over from our house that I flead from… And now its a turn off notice and time is running out.. I made so many calls into a lot of different agency.. Some tells me that they are out of funds and I’ve put the urgent calls into so many churches and it kinda shocked me… I was told that they do help with nothing like that… But while on the phone still with him.. I said OMG.. what the churches come to. None did not even offered me prayer…. So today I’m reaching out on a very urgent plea of help… If I may ask 30 minutes of your time please.. I pray that this urgent message shall reach you.. And I am praying that you may help me… @ 61 yrs I would have never thought that I will be trying to pick my life up.. God knows & I know… That I was a good & caring wife… I stood by his side and never lefted his side when he had a stroke way before we were married… My friends telling me… Why are you at his side that you aren’t married and you owe him nothing… But my responds were he needs me and I can’t leave him and I can’t walk away… One of my friends said before she passed away.. That I bet what you know now had you knew then.. I betcha you would have Ran…. And of course I said hell ya… I shall try to leave my # of 443-801-4206. I pray that God shall touch your heart and be the hand that will reach out to grab mine.. Thank.you

Karen says

Dear friend, my name is Karen and I will pray for you!!

Cherrel Langley says

Will Nicole C. Mullins be with the show this year. I was so disappointed last year because she was not there. Please have to come back

Donna Marshall says

God is able to do anything But fail

10. I just want to thank the women of faith whose messages inspire me everyday I feel so connected to each and everyone of you sisters may God continue to bless each and everyone of you each and every dayand let me share something with all of you “HOW BIG IS YOUR GOD? love you all christmas-carol