He Counts Your Tears

He Counts Your TearsOur Creator is not a fair-weather friend. He will not abandon us in our anguish. It doesn’t matter if you’re one of those ugly criers whose face gets all red and blotchy. It doesn’t matter if your nose and mascara run. It doesn’t matter if you become a big, whiny “woe is me” baby.

God still won’t walk away. He won’t roll his eyes at your drama or throw his hands up in exasperation. He holds us the entire time our shoulders are heaving. And much like a new mom keeps track of every peep her infant makes, so our heavenly Father counts each and every tear that rolls down his children’s cheeks: “You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle” (Psalm 56:8a esv).

Buy Now

Excerpted from Time to Rejoice. Copyright © 2011 by Patsy Clairmont, Mary Graham, Lisa Harper, Mandisa, Marilyn Meberg, Luci Swindoll, Sheila Walsh, Lisa Whelchel. Published by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Comments

Carolyn says

God loves us just the way we are. God the most best friend I could ever have.

terri says

going through the darkest time in my life not sure that I will ever get through this, the depression is so deep the fear surrounding me is overwhelming. I’m not the person I used to be and I’m not sure I will find a way out. I just keep praying God is here with me.I pray for hope. thank you for the emails

3. There have been seasons in my life, that I’m sure God needed a rain barrel !

teri clark says

This came at a time when I really needed to be reminded that no matter how far I go away, God is there. It will be two years since my dad passed away and I hadn’t really grieved for him. This last week all I have done is cry and feel sorry for myself and tried to convince myself I was in this alone. Then I saw this, and realized that through all my self pity and woe is me, God was holding me and letting me know it was ok to let go and feel what I was feeling. Thank you for the blessing.

MA says

I lost my son this past November in a horrible car accident. We have extreme turmoil in our church from another incident and I am not sure there is a a loving heavenly Father anymore. Many dark days THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT FOR ALL MY TEARS.

6. Lisa, Your blog was what I needed for today. I would like to post it on my website debramunden.com and link you up with me if that’s ok.

Kaye says

As somebody else posted – I ‘m sure I have a lot of bottles up there for the actual tears I’ve cried, the deep sobbing, the wailing and the silent!!!

God bless you all and for those who are struggling, know that He is there for you always!!!

Terri Largent says

Thank you for this reminder. Thank you my heavenly Father; You are my true Father, the one I say Happy Father’s Day to.

kemi says

His a good and a caring father,His delay is not denial

10. I treasure this verse. After my mom died, and then our two year old daughter, I cried myself empty. The pain and loss were unbearable. But GOD! When He stores our tears- He validates our griefs and I know for me, He will show me how many times He saw my tears and turned my mourning into dancing. Weeping may endure for a night, but JOY comes in the morning!

Judy says

With the loss of both of my beloved parents last year, I have shed many many tears and feel that I always will. The heaviness of the sadness overwhelms me at times and I wonder if God gets frustrated with me but I have to remember that He understands and wraps me with His love.

Jane Fox says

I have always loved this verse. It is such a comfort.
    When we all get to heaven… what a day of rejoicing that will be…
    I often ponder what our Precious Lord is doing with all the tears from all His children …
    I can only imagine pure waterfalls and rivers of living water that we will all be swimming in :-)
    How cleansing!

Diane Hunter says

I just read this Psalm last night and realized that God doesn’t waste anything, not our tears, our pain, our grief, nothing! And I am so glad! My husband of 53 years went home to Jesus, it will be 2 years ago on the 4th of July. I watched him go, I know God sent an escort for him because I saw him turn to look at his escort. Bob told me just a couple of days before he left, that the only thing that made him sad was to leave me but he was so excited to see Jesus, face to face. I can’t argue with that. At his service, our grand daughter sang, “I Can Only Imagine”. Our journey together during this time as been the richest blessing of my life, even though I miss him terribly. Our 4 children, their spouses, and our 12 grandchildren all shared in this journey and I will be forever grateful to my Abba Father.

Janie says

My precious mother went to be with the Lord last week. I shed many tears and I know there will be more as time goes on. Right before the visitation began on Thurs, the heavens opened and the skies poured down. I know those were tears from heaven sent for the family to know that others mourned, but also were rejoicing because Mom was going to be with them and be happy and not hurt any more.

15. I relate to this example so well having had a child of my own. She is only 7 months old, so her tears and needs are warranted and pure. It is a wonderful image to picture; seeing God pick me up and cradle me in the sad times, or just when I am having an off day..

Sally says

Thanks for this Psalm! Recently I had a middle of the night experience where I woke up and the tears just kept flowing. No sobbing, no heaving, just silent tears for my estranged precious only grandson. I went to church the next morning and the first thing in the service was the special music. Guess what she sang. ALL the verses to “For Those Tears I Died”. God wanted me to know!

17. This is oh so true. At times we get real weepy because of the anguish and not knowing what the next step we should take. I am glad that He monitors his children!

Jennifer Burgess says

I just woke up from a horrible dream, again. In real life my kids have decided to live with their dad and don’t really care to see me at all. I dream that they just pop up wherever I am in my dream, but they are always so far away where I can’t reach them. I dream something like this over and over. I don’t know if it will ever stop. I woke up crying and wailing this morning, so this topic was truly from God today. Thanks

19. I’ve heard it said that “Gods timing is perfect” and receiving this message this morning is one of those “God things” to me. I have been struggling with an aging mom who is increasingly difficult to work and spend any time with, but I am the one in the family who is her “right hand helper”. I come home from my “mom day” exhausted and beaten down, and lately in tears. Yesterday was one of those days. I know a lot of it comes from the aging process, she is “misfiring” and forgetting things, her world is getting smaller and she is simply trying to keep control of the things that she still can. I want nothing more than to enjoy the time hat we have left together. I appreciate so much your inspirational messages in my in box each week. Thank you for the reminder that I am supported and that God is in all things, and will walk with me through this season of life.

Deb says

Dear Katie, thank you for your post and please take encouragement that some of us know how you feel. I am a nurse who works with the elderly and I see this every day. I can tell you that although your Mom has changed she can still feel your love for her and even when she doesn’t act like it she appreciates your caring. God watches and remembers your acts of kindness. Consider finding a support group where you can talk to others going through the same things. Truly, they help. God bless you. Christ’s love abundantly to you and all others who are hurting.

julie white says

Dear Katie
      I had a husband that had dementia and passed away at 64 as difficult as it can be you will get through it and only by the grace of god. I will be praying for you.
      Julie

Maria LaVorgna-smith says

Thank you! I have your book from last year’s conference and want to pick-it up again to reread the different essays each one of you wrote. Thank you again for your inspiring words on my path to Christ!

I abide in Him, Maria

Patty says

Thank you for reminding me of His fatherly love! I know He’s counting mine now!

Constance Bratton says

I truly thought that life may still have it’s ups and downs, but the older the kids got the easier my life would get. This however, has not been the case. I cry more now than I ever have in my life. Life is tough and not fair. It was such a good reminder of how God loves us so much that He cares even about our woe is me times. He cares about every tear cried and holds me through it all. It’s funny how your brain knows these things, but your heart forgets and just a simple reminder can lift us up even if it’s just a little. Thanks for sharing.

• Oh Constance, my heart reached out to you my sister in the Lord! I thought the very same thing when our children were growing up! Their grown up trials and problems are weightier for me than when I could kiss their booboos and make it all go away. Hugs to you- one day Perfect Love will redeem it all!

Dee Teague says

I am really struggling right now trying to recover from cancer and deal with the medication that they have put me on. THis was of great encouragement to me as God has chosen not to make me better, I want to deal with this in a Christlike manner. I don’t normally ead all of he emails that I got but this one caught my eye. That you for your ministry. I love Women of Faith and go every year.

Maria Emigh says

Praise the Lord that He hears my cries and knows me by name. During a difficult time this year He met me and gave me this scripture. 1 Peter3:12 “For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears hear their prayers”.

He is never too far away when we need Him.
    Maria

Debra Lockwood says

Love this Psalm! Thanks for the encouragement. Lisa – We in Rochester will miss you at Women of Faith this year!!!

• That,s is so true God really cares for us, that,s
      why I love him so, he so good to all of his children.
      Arnetta Love

kim says

Lord, you must have a lot of bottles of my tears. Thanks for being there & keeping me safe