Celebrate What Matters with Ballet Magnificat!

Ballet MagnificatOne of the most exciting new elements of our upcoming tour is the addition of Ballet Magnificat! A Christian ballet troupe that dances to the glory of God, Ballet Magnificat! was created by award-winning dancer Kathy Thibodeaux and her husband, Keith (best known as “Little Ricky” on the I Love Lucy television series). Recognized for its excellence in the international world of ballet, America’s Premier Christian Ballet Company travels the globe delivering life-impacting performances.

At Celebrate What Matters the dancers will help bring Scripture and song to life throughout the event. Rather than attempting to tell you what they’ll do, we thought we’d show you instead! See the video below for a peek at a rehearsal.

If you’re wondering about the name:  You already know “ballet” is a type of dance. “Magnificat” is Latin for “to magnify Him” from Mary’s song of praise when she first learned she was to be the mother of the Messiah (see Luke 1). Ballet Magnificat! is dedicated to presenting the good news of Jesus Christ to the world.

See Ballet Magnificat! in person at Celebrate What Matters. The tour begins next month, heading to Columbus, OH; Oklahoma City, OK; Spokane, WA; Washington, DC; and Indianapolis, IN—and those are just the August cities!

See the complete schedule and register for your event here.

Comments

Shannon O'Donnell says

So wonderful to see this! I have a daughter who studies ballet. I didn’t know something like this existed. Blessings to you!

Penny says

AWESOME!! Love that there’s SO many viable ways to communicate God’s truths! AND that God has a purpose for each person’s gifts & talents! Can’t Wait!! Portland, OR Oct. 2012

Lisa Cox says

Where was something like this when I was their age? I would have loved participating in a group like this. So looking forward to seeing them live when WOF and Celebrate What Matters comes to Sacramento, CA.

Sylvia says

I saw Ballet Magnificat perform ‘The Hiding Place’ and it was incredible! I think anyone would have loved this even if they are not a fan of ballet. Very moving and powerful. What an excellent addition to have Ballet Magnificat on the upcoming tour! They are all for the glory of God!

Beth beach says

I had the privalidge of working with them in Roseburg Oregon several years ago they were Magnificant in word and action and I am So excited to see them again.My life will be changed because I will see the Lord in them……Praying for them ……Please join me daily for the whole event….Amen…..

Carole Smith says

WOF is a wonderful event. This will be my fourth year to attend in Atlanta an it is the high lite of my year. I attend with a great group of women. During the event there will always be something that you will bring away to inspire you and help you travel through the journey of life.

Linda Sherrard says

What a Holy Spirit expression of praise and worship. May these dancers be true expressions of God at work in their lives always!

8. We can’t wait to see them perform in person in Pittsburgh in September. Such an inspiration to everyone!

9. My daughter is a dancer in LA, CA.
    I enjoyed watching this and sent it on for her to see.

Chris says

We’ve been fortunate to have a wonderful Christian dance studio in Cartersville, GA. for like, 20 years now. Steps of Faith! It’s been a blessing to hundreds of girls and a Godsend for their families. Thank you Julie Reeves!

Kim says

Also want to say how excited I am to see this group on the roster for Women of Faith. The one and only time I’ve seen a ballet artist perform for worship it was such an uplifting experience that I’ve been wanting to see it again! Can’t wait!!!

Barb Anderson says

Was moved to see them at Praise Gathering in Indianapolis several years ago. Very moving and worshipful.

tamany Horton says

i love to dance for Jesus, I havent been to school or anything but it is so fun and I enjoy it. Last year when I attended the women of faith conference I dreamed of dancing there. now i am just so blessed and exited that you are including dance in your conferences, It makes me want to go even more this year because I love watching as much as I love doing it. Praise God for you allowing the praise dance because some places won’t allow it. And it lets me know that prayers are being answered!! Praise His Holy name!