Enjoy the Season

Christine Caine

Have you ever thought about how wonderful it would be if your destiny just dropped out of the sky and into your lap . . . today?

Especially if you have seen a glimpse of what the future holds, it can be so easy to want to be living in that time now. Rather than appreciating every part of your life as a God-given season of preparation, you can grow impatient and dissatisfied, especially when that particular season feels mundane, difficult, frustrating, or everlasting.

I want to encourage you to embrace every single season—school, singlehood, career, marriage, motherhood, even those that involve toilet brushes—because it is a gift from God. It is part of the journey.

When we grasp this thought, it will not only enable us to see the opportunities for learning and growth in this season, but also help us to embrace the exciting things that are going on right now. It is often in the desert of anonymity and obscurity that God molds and shapes our characters, making us ready on the inside for all He has for us. Unfortunately it’s also during these times of waiting and preparation that we are most vulnerable to growing weary and giving up on what God is calling us to do. The enemy tries to convince us that our dreams for extraordinary living are not worth the wait, too difficult, or even impossible to achieve.

Don’t allow yourself to get lost in the seasons of life, or to devalue today—God is using it to prepare you for your tomorrow. He has a great future in store for you!

Comments

Marla says

Thank you !!! What a great reminder. What wonderful women – all sharing how God’s presence impacts their lives- to share a morning with. A Big MWAH!!! to you all…

Catalina Jones says

How encouraging for me to read this. I’ve been widowed for over 5 years, I was 32 at the time. I’ve had major anger issues dealing with my husbands death. Now I know that it’s only part of the journey and a season that I’ve had to learn to embrace. My 3 children have had to follow the same road so it makes it harder on me because I had to become the sole parent and provider. I pray that God sends us a godly, God fearing man into our lives in the near future. We are all only living through a season that we must embrace.

Veleria Jackson says

Thank You, Excellent Reminder, Great Encouragement To Stay Focused And Count It A Blessing To Embrace Wherever We Are In Our Season. God Is Transforming Us For His Glory.

becky says

this hit the spot for me this morning. my husband and i are trying for baby #2 and its taken longer then what we have anticipated. so, we are going to wait patiently on God’s timing. He’s preparing the way for whatever he has in store for our family! Thank you Christine!

daniella says

Thanks. I like the part you put about the toilet brushes. Everything that God has done is GOOD, so i believe that we should learn to enjoy it and let the devil steal it.

Connie Lape says

I agree with others who have commented. This was a timely message for me & my life at this particular time. Thanks, Christine!

Connie

K says

Thank you for this reminder. God continues to try to remind me and I want to avoid His reminders of what I’m discontent about. I have a lot of questions during this time (How long will this last? Is this all?Has God forgotten me, or did He just give up?…) In the past week He’s trying to say (Look at Me, not yourself. Stop trying so hard to conquer without Me, I’m the reason for it all, just be still…you’ll see.) Once again, as I read this my soul cries to Him, Lord forgive me, I know you to be true…I’ll continue for Your sake.

Dorothy says

This post from Christine today is amazing. Christine preached at my church in Palm Beach County, FL this weekend. I was with her in at a women’s leadership event on Saturday morning and in our worship service on Saturday evening. I have received an encouraging Word from the Lord at each encounter.

Christine, may God continue to bless your every endeavor and give power and strength as you minister to the needs of others. We love what you are doing for the Lord and for the souls being added to the Kingdom.

9. What a great way to start the day…thank you for reminding me to stay ‘encouraged’!

Ruth says

How true this is. I see this going on now in my own family. I must find a new home for my horse, the location of my father’s work is moving 20 minutes further away from its current location, & my mother has decided to retire. All in all I don’t like this “season” because of all that is changing & “forcing” us to possibly move as well. I have been looking for a job but to no avail. I want to scream but no sound comes out. God be with us.

K says

I understand waiting, looking for work, parents getting older….. May you see Him at work even today.

Sally Ann Price says

I really needed to hear this. Thank you Christine! Hope your are having a blessed day!

12. Wow! How could you possibly know how MUCH I needed to read this today! You have godly wisdom beyond your years–thank you for allowing God to use you to encourage us today.

Christine says

It is funny how I’m reading this devotional today. I often skip over them because I find I’m in a “hurry”. I was just talking with a friend about this very same subject. I have big dreams. I am certain some of it is from God. That means my impossible dreams are not only possible. They ARE going to unfold in GOD’S timetable. Not mine. I also realize that I probably don’t understand exactly what He has in mind for me, being that I am human. In the meantime, I can live out each day as if it were a gift (which I think it is) and enjoy seeing how God is working in my life as well as others. I am not sure why heartache and dissapointment are a part of that gift but I know He can use those things to help prepare me for the work He has planned for me. I also have found that when I’m feeling particularly down, that it really helps to reach out to others. That is not to deny myself but to bless someone else. This seems to encourage me at the same time. Amazing how God’s economy works!

Robyn R. Dadig says

I really needed this reminder today. Thank you, Christine! Blessings!

Mamajo says

Thank you for the reminder! Just the morsel I needed to stay encouraged.

16. What a great message, reminds me of Jeremiah 29:11 Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    It is best to go through with God’s help His plan for all of us.

Gena Anderson says

WOW! I don’t know why I am always amazed that God gives me words I need to hear when I need to hear them. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, Christine! After 20 years of youth ministry, a few years of health problems, and changing churches, I was feeling a loss of spirituality. I am a part of the “sandwich” generation, raising 2 grandchildren and taking care of my mother. I felt I wasn’t “in ministry”. Your message has helped me re-see my situation as the ministry God has for me right now. Blessings!

Anna Lee Earnest says

This is so true and I really appreciate this on a Monday.

Shandra says

A very timely post! Thank you for the encouragement!

Anna Thomas says

I have loved every stage my children were in and loved them during that stage of their lives. It has always made me sad to hear people say “I can’t wait till the kids are in school”, or “I can’t stand my teenagers”, “I can’t wait till they are out of the house”, etc. They hear this a do not feel loved. They are not a bother, they are a gift from God Himself. I know it is hard work, frustrating, overwhelming, puzzling; but how can they get through the teen years or become adults if you don’t dump your all into them?

Carol Jones says

Christine’s words were very encouraging for me. As a mother and grandmother I see difficult trials my family is going through. It is tough to see God in each situation. A reminder that God is always with us and He never gives us more than we can handle is welcomed. Thank you for this message.

Bonnie J. Russell says

Wow! You “read my mail”.. Just yesterday I was talking with God about this very topic……… Thank you for reminding me to embrace the season God presently has given me. You are a ‘facelift for my soul.’

Bobbie says

Great Reminder! It was a word for me today! Thank you for all you do for the Lord!!!!

24. Great food for thought this Monday AM.

Debbie says

…and it may even be that, in embracing where you are today and look REAL close, “extraordinary living”
    is even to be found “in the desert of anonymity and obscurity”…you never know the great things God is doing when you least expect it!

Deborah says

Such an encouraging word. I get discouraged sometimes because it seems like my season in the wilderness is lasting forever. Thank you! : )

27. wmen of faith christine’s comment for today hit the nail on the head for me. Its been a frustrating week dealing with unemployment but i know as a believer its God who holds my future not unemployment . in fact this past week I heard a telivison preacher say “if we as believers in Christ trust Him with our eternity why can’t we trust Him with tommorow or next week! This thought makes me want to smack myself and ask myself “What the heck am I thinking? Must be one of those one second brain freezes! Thanks Christine for the reality check today! Have a great day all you women of faith nafter all it’s a beautiful day that my God has made!