Celebrate What Matters with Selah

SelahAmy Perry of Selah admits her first Women of Faith experience was “not what I expected.” And that’s because…“I’ve never been a ‘girlfriend’” Amy tells us, “I have friends that are girls, but I never did sleepovers or boy gossip—I’d rather have hung out with the guys in the science lab. So the idea of a whole weekend devoted to women was a little off-putting to me.”

Fair enough; a lot of women feel that way. “But when we got there,” Amy remembers, “I felt so loved and welcomed. I wept as each speaker shared from her heart. I realized that there is an importance for women spending time with other women, and that not all women will hurt [you] or gossip about you. It was an amazing experience. Sheila Walsh’s talk changed my life . . . something Sheila said was like a light bulb going off in my spirit. It changed my life.”

This fall Amy can be found at Women of Faith most weekends, performing at Celebrate What Matters with Allan Hall and Todd Smith, the other members of Selah. (Todd’s wife, Angie, will also be there; she’s speaking in cities on our ‘west’ tour.) At the events, the members of Selah celebrate the hope they’ve discovered and share hope with broken people through their songs.

For a taste of Selah’s powerful music, watch this video from Selah (you might want to have a tissue handy):

Hear Selah in concert, in person, at Celebrate What Matters events this fall. See when they’ll be in a city near you.

Comments

Becky Bodnarchuk says

Yahoo! I hope to take part in Celebrate What Matters-even before I heard this sweet invitation of a song…there is a line that so ministered too “Don’t be afraid”…to suffer for righteousness sake. The suffering can come in many forms. And we often are afraid, cause it can hurt-but I praise and thank our great M&M for His invitation and example and sweet Presence-oh, and this fact-He does NOT waste the pain-growing pains He’s taught me to call them-My Redeemer redeems our sin- and pain….Thank you so much Selah for this lovely reminder/encouragement/battle cry!

Marcia Pauley says

The music video was a blessing, so inspiring! I wish I had been able to go to WOF when it was here in OKC! Thank you for “a taste of it”

Kelly says

Beautiful… I feel like my life is complete with Jesus in my life =)

4. I have played this over and over. I love the voices, the music and the words.
    Please tell the singers how much I like this piece.

daniella says

I love Selah. They have the gift to minister to the heart. Truely, we are all in progress till we meet Jesus.Thanks Amy for sharing.

Donna Galli says

Selah always ministers to my heart. I feel their emotion and their message. God is using these three (Todd, Amy, and Alan) is such a mighty way touching the hearts and souls of so many. Thank you for sharing this clip with us. To God Be The Glory!

7. I just returned this weekend from seeing Selah, and I was blessed by each and every speaker that was in Des Moines. This was my first WOF event, and I can guarantee you it will not be my last. God has so filled my heart up, with His love. I have been a Christian most of my life, but have struggled with my self-image for so many years. I now know and believe in my heart that God has made me just the way He intended to. Thank you, Selah for blessing my life, and to everyone who spoke at Women of Faith in Des Moines. My heart is overflowing with love from you all, and love from our Heavenly Father.

Kathy says

I am totally blown away! Powerful images, beautiful music. Very moving. Leaves me uncomfortable which is just what the Holy Spirit does when He has something He wants us to see and know and do.
    Kathy

9. Beautiful story & music.!! I saw Selah in OKC at WOF, absolutely wonderful !!

carrie montgomery says

Wow is all I can say and feel after an awesome weekend, I didn’t want it to end I could have gone home with Sheila Walsh and Christine Cain, I to have a story as we all do and wonder everyday how I can be used by God!!

Evelyn Torres says

Powerful video and song! Thank you for your music, so beautiful and inspiring. Full of love and hope. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Sacramento at the WOF convention in October. Much love, Evelyn

Marcia says

We heard Selah at WOF in Sacramento last year. They so touched me. My daughter was going through a very difficult situation and when Amy sang, “I look to Him” I claimed that song and when I went home, Stacy and I took that song as ours and it has been a year of sobriety for her. Praise God and thank you to Amy and Selah for being God’s hands and heart and voice.

Vicki Craig says

Great story and awsome song!!! thank you for blessing.I was at the OKC conference couple weeks ago and it was so uplifting and wonderful!!!God bless each of you and the work you are doing in His Name.

Kelly says

Beautiful video!!! It gave me chicken skin and made me cry! God is so very good!! I am looking forward to hearing Amy speak in September in Rochester, NY. I am sure it is going to be amazing as always!

Joyce Buss says

This is a beautiful story and an amazing song. Women of faith have touched my soul for the last 5 years. I attended the last conference in Columbus and it was one of the best ever. Love every part of it.

16. I was in Indy this past week end, and it was awesome. I do wish that the entire group wwould be at all the events, but reallize that it’s hard for them. I especially missed Shelia there, and would have loved Selah!!!! We all struggle on a daily basis, but having the joy that comes from the people of God is the pleasure that brings that inner peace!! Thank you Women of Faith. I have attended many times in various cities, and will continue until I can not go anymore. It’s sooo worth it!!!

Pat Bolda says

I have just returned from Celebrate What Matters in Indianapolis and I so wish now that Selah had been there but I realize that everyone cannot be everywhere!! It was once again a wonderful time and I have come home filled with God’s love for me and his unconditional forgiveness.. I have alot of healing to do but after listening to Sandi Patty and Brenda Warner and reading their books I to can be proud of who I am and not be ashamed of my past..Myself and my five friends are looking forward to next year and even thinking about traveling to another city for some adventure..
    God Bless You All.
    Pat Bolda

18. God has blessed my life in so many ways . Taking me out the pit and delivering me to his arms. Just returned from Women of faith in Des Moines and I can’t say enough about everone and the Power of his presence there. Thank you all for your ministry, sharing and caring. I brought a small group this year (16) and we all left so pumped for life in Christ. Thank you for every thing again and continue this great ministry you have. Love and blessing to all. Carole McCord Bruning Ne.

19. Awesome song and video! I may have to go find this song on Amazon! Thank you Selah!

Lisa Draper says

This is amazing! I also saw you in Des Moines this passed weekend–thoroughly enjoyed seeing you again!

Verla says

I love Selah…In Des Moines ~ Amy opened her heart- shared her journey with the Lord. It was so relate-able… encouraging. Thank you for the treasure of Amy!

Maxine says

Beautiful…thank you. I found Jesus was I was empty, sad and alone. I am a chrisitan in progress and I truly want to be the best for God.

• Add to that list ashamed and I could have written it! I think we are all “Christians in progress” and will be until the day the Lord takes us home! I love you Jesus!