Jesus Calling

Jesus Calling“I had been writing in prayer journals for years,” missionary Sarah Young writes, “but that was one-way communication: I did all the talking. I knew that God communicated with me through the Bible, but I yearned for more. Increasingly, I wanted to hear what God had to say to me personally on a given day. I decided to listen to God with pen in hand, writing down whatever I believed He was saying.”

How did that go? “I felt awkward the first time I tried this, but I received a message. It was short, biblical, and appropriate. It addressed topics that were current in my life: trust, fear, and closeness to God. I responded by writing in my prayer journal.”

That experiment in listening to God changed Sarah’s prayer life. “My journaling had changed from monologue to dialogue. Soon, messages began to flow more freely…this new way of communicating with God became the high point of my day. I knew these writings were not inspired as Scripture is, but they were helping me grow closer to God.”

Jesus Calling - Women of Faith Exclusive Deluxe EditionMany of those messages—carefully compiled in the #1 bestselling 365-day devotional Jesus Callinghave helped millions of others grow closer to God, as well. This collection of daily readings, including Scripture references for each day, is now available in an Exclusive Women of Faith Deluxe Edition. Bound in a beautiful green embossed Leathersoft cover, with a special dedication from Sarah, this small volume is the perfect bedside book.

Jesus is calling out to you. The question is: are you listening?

Comments

Bonnie Seaman says

My favority part of the week is Saturday early morning. I go and work out for an hour in the gym stop in at starbucks sit down, have a skinny vanilla late and write in my journal. I write to the Lord give him priaise tell him how I am feeling for that day or the week. This gives me a intimate relationship with my Lord and Savior!

Brenda Graham says

How precious, Sarah! I, too, have been journaling for years, but instead of writing down what God speaks to me, I just contemplate it. Time to write down his words in my heart, too!

3. I’ve been using this all year, and I love love love it!!!Thank you!!!

Ana Cornell says

I have a similar story of dialoging w/God by journaling. Except I don’t know how to put into book format. I’m weiting a story/autobiography slowly & I am having a hard time w/editing & compiling the truths in a more simple way! Got any Ideas or help? If not, it’s ok, only please pray. The book is not just for me to tell my story, but hoping the readers asyou said of yours will seek the truths I write about for themselves in their own way! Thanks for your inspiring story! = ) I love to read the things that touch & change hearts/lives! Each one I read in some way, does so to me! Sincerely, In His love peace & grace, Ana

5. May God bless you Sarah for your inspiration to us all. Thank you for listening to Him and sharing your wisdom and insights with us!

Vicki Neer says

I have been reading Sarah’s “jesus Calling” devotional for over a year now. AMAZING!! Is all I can say. Her words written from God are inspirational, and offer daily guidance, instruction, healing and LOVE! I thought after I had been thru the book once that I might not want to repeat the days……no no no. Not true. Like our gospel is a living word, so is Sarah’s devotional. Some days the words seem familiar, but bcz I am in a different place than I was last year, the meaning has changed to fit my circumstances. Just as the Lord has promised about his inspired word!! God Bless you Sarah for sharing!!!

Mandy Moore says

I love writing in my journals. If I believe God is speaking to me, I put His words in parentheses. Going back and reading them is like listening in on an intimate conversation.

Michele Calabro says

I generally do not comment, but I have to say that I LOVE ‘Jesus Calling’. I bought it based on the recommendation of Women of Faith. I read it every morning and every night. The words feel so right to me that I do feel like it is divine communication. Thank you Sara for this wonderful book.

Sharon says

A friend of mine gave me this devotional book about 8 years ago. What a blessing! Every day it just seems to “fit” with whatever is going on in my life. I even got my husband reading it. It never grows old. I even read it daily where I worked with my fellow employees and some of them started going to church. Praise God! I bought the book wherever I could find it to share with friends and strangers, even special ordering. I am so pleased that it has been brought back to our attention. I will be purchasing more of them to give to those who would like a closer walk with the Lord. Thank you WOF for promoting such a wonderful devotional.

Debbie Vah says

I have this devotion and it is my all time favorite. I bought one for my three best girlfriends. It is so amazing how each day is so appropriate for the situations of that day there is no doubt she was hearing from the Holy Spirit when writing. The writigs are so comforting and bring such peace. My friend recently gave me the Journaling version of Jesus Calling and although writing has never been one of my strengths I find even more peace as I continue to do it.

11. Love my Jesus Calling Devotional, given to me by one my most dearest friend. She also gave my son the one for kids. We read them on our way to school every morning. It’s one of the sweetest part of our day. Thank you Sarah. You have no idea how your decision to sit and listen to God has invested so much into the man my son will be.

12. Yes Sarah what a great way to start your day. I get up and go outside early morning nice and quiet and welcome the Lord and ask him for his will in my life as for his will is much greater than mine and i thank him for all the blessing i have and the ones to come.I also ask him to show me his will. I have been writing down his word as well along with things pertaining to my life so i can see if on paper and improve them as for in the past years i made a mess of things, I just found women of faith this is my first time and i am loving it praise GOD.

13. This is the first book/devotional I have read, that meets me exactly where I am with Jesus. For a long time now, I have felt Him right along with me. I am 44 years old and I can say–As long as I can remember, I have felt and heard Him in my life.

Thank you!

14. I love Sarah’s Iphone version of her devotional. I always have it with me so I can read, re-read, or share. Everyday seems to speek in to my life perfectly. Thank you Sarah!

15. I can feel Jesus talking to me through the book “Jesus Calling”. And I’ve used the technique of prayer-journaling before–but the “one-way” version. Next time I do this, I will try to be receptive to what I might be hearing and write it down.