Celebrate What Matters with Jennie Allen

Jennie Allen“I love words,” Jennie tells us, “and I believe God uses them to heal souls and to reveal Himself to people.” Jennie has a way with words, as anyone who’s read her book, Anything, or worked through her Bible study, Stuck, can attest. So can the thousands of women who heard Jennie speak at Celebrate What Matters in Anaheim, her debut appearance with Women of Faith. (She’ll be at more events to come, including this weekend in Denver. See Jennie’s event schedule here.)

Jennie encourages us to embrace surrender. “Surrender is the foundation for a relationship with God, yet we have categorized it as something for missionaries or emotional retreats. Surrender is actually a call on the life of every believer: ‘Love me with ALL your heart and with all your understanding and with all your strength.’ And in giving him everything, there comes freedom and peace.”

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary with a Masters in Biblical Studies, Jennie and her family live in Texas, where her husband is a pastor at Austin Stone Community Church. They have four kids, ages twelve and under, including four-year-old Cooper, recently adopted from Rwanda. Here’s a sweet video showing the family meeting little Cooper:

Have you registered for Celebrate What Matters? Find an event near you.

Check out Jennie’s books:

AnythingAnything
Anything is a prayer of surrender that will spark something. A prayer that will move us to stop chasing things that just make us feel happy and start living a life that matters.

Stuck DVD Stuck (DVD-Based Study)
As we realize that our stuck places are the very places that make us ache for God, we find Him waiting there for us with hope and freedom.

Comments

Linda Schutte says

Beauiful family. How wonderful our Father is to put us together in our families. How blessed you are to find a new son in Rawanda. I have joined with Daily Audio Bible in sending a portable classroom for the children of Rawanda and praying for them. They have been there twice and though I have not been there myself I have loved hearing about it from those who have been, seeing the pictures and hearing the stories. It has given me a heart and a love for the country and the people. I pray for them often.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. What a beatuiful family and wonderful years ahead for you all. It was wonderful seeing the loving connection you all had for one another, you could see our Heavenly Fahter at work in your family.

Lesieli Tameifuna says

Dear Jennie,
    Thank you for sharing the video of your beautiful family. What a beautiful picture of God.
    Love you all.

Debbie says

Jennie,
    Cooper is a beautiful child! His dark brown eyes just seem to snap and sparkle with mischief! I’m sure as an adult he will be a handsome man sought after by many young females. Congratulations on his adoption. What a wonderful gift you have given him and your family. Blessings to you!

Sharlene Burton says

Indescribable! Absolutely beautiful.

Sharon says

What a beautiful video. You can see the love flowing out of the family and their desire to share it!

• thank-you so much for sharing this batueiful story! i was lead to this site by a friend’s link on fb. my family also carries a precancerous gene. my grandma tested positive and was diagnosed with cancer. my mom just got her test results after 4 months and it was also positive. 2 of my uncles died in their 40 s from cancer and my cousin was diagnosed at 22 and passed away at 24. i’m waiting to go in for my testing and can only hope and pray i don’t have this gene to pass to my daughter. it’s nice to hear about other people that are so strong fighting the same battle. bless your heart for sharing!

Tiffany says

Jennie,

I have the pleasure of leading Women’s Ministry and the Young Mom’s Bible Study at our church. We are currently going thru STUCK and I have got to say that God has given you an amazing gift. Thank you for your willingness to share it!

Also the video of your meeting with your son is Beautiful! Thank you for sharing it and may God bless you and your family in a mighty way!

Blessings!

Jennie Butters says

As a Mother of five, (three bio and two adopted from Liberia, W.Africa), I am SO happy for Jennie and her family!! I am a rather suspicious though on their new son’s age being accurate… watching the video, and seeing the missing front teeth… and knowing how small children from 3rd world countries can be from malnutriion, etc… I won’t be surprised if they discover (in time) that he is actually more like 6-7 years old. Many orphanages learn to ‘under-estimate’ the children’s ages- as it’s MUCH easier to adopt out a child of 4 than a child over age 5… and birth certificates are NOT solid proof of this, as they are much more easily come by than when they issued at birth here in the States.

• Hi Jennie- We were suspicious too. We found baby pictures of him with dates from a dear source that tracked us down. It was such a gift because we didn’t know how old he may be.

8. Congratulations and thank you so much for following Christ’s calling. Cooper is beautiful and I am so proud of you and your family for adopting an African American child. Our children usually go last, my heart is full.

God Bless you,

Bonita

Terry Bobbitt says

Dear Sisters…
    What can I say after watching the beautiful video of the Allen family with their precious little one Rwanda after his adoption? There are not enough tissues to dry these sweet tears rolling down my face! Thank you for sharing this wonderful story of God’s amazing grace.
    I love you all much and am grateful for Women of Faith!
    Terry Bobbitt

Jennie says

My Sunday school class went through the Stuck study and it was great. Jennie definitely has a wonderful way with words and wish she were going to be in Charlotte, NC in October.

11. Love it; especially in light of the fact that my husband spent some time in Rwanda on a mission trip and we were also blessed with opportunities to live in Africa as missionaries over the years with our four children. We now have a daughter who has a desire of heart to adopt two children as well. She has two children and I’ve told her I’m praying God will give her a little Moses and a little Esther. God bless you. Marlene

• Oh Marlene- how beautiful about your family. And isn’t Rwanda captivating. I can not wait to go back!