Free to Worship

Free To Worship“When we heard there was going to be a live band at Women of Faith this year,” Worship Team member Michelle Swift remembers, “we just screamed! It’s a dream come true.” Team member Kara Tualatai agrees. “Having a live band adds a ton of energy; the whole experience is different. You can feel the difference. Not only does it add four more worshippers to the mix—they’re just worshipping with their instruments—it’s a much more free environment. It gives us the freedom in the worship setting to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading.”

Each of the Women of Faith Worship Team members has enjoyed dozens of Women of Faith events over the years, but they’re more excited than ever about Celebrate What Matters, particularly The Voice™ Worship Experience that wraps up the events. Kara says, “Anytime you’re declaring the Word of God it changes the atmosphere.” Michelle describes it as “a bit of ‘call and response’ so those who are used to that in their churches will have that element.” Jovaun Woods, another Worship Team member, chimes in: “We say the Word of God then we sing the Word of God. It really allows the Word to marinate our hearts and minds.”

“Those who have been wanting to go deeper,” Kara promises, “this will fulfill that. This is really deeper than Women of Faith has ever been before.”

The Women of Faith Worship Team—Hope Darst, Janice Gaines, Michelle Swift, Jenifer Thigpen, Kara Tualatai, and Jovaun Woods—is an important part of every Celebrate What Matters event. See them (and the new live band!) in person at an event near you. Schedule here.

Celebrate JesusThe Women of Faith Worship Team recently released a new CD: Celebrate Jesus. This collection of new songs and old favorites will set your spirit (and your feet!) dancing and make your heart sing. Order one today!

Comments

1. I attended the WOF conference in Philly. This was my first one, but DEFINITELY NOT MY LAST!
    I had no idea what to expect. I was blown away by the spirit present in the room. What an awesome way
    to celebrate Jesus Christ. The band and singers were awesome and the speakers were just the best. Thank you to everyone and a big hug to all my new friends.

Julie Bayes says

I to was at the Columbus, Ohio Women of Faith ,loved the music,all of it.My friend bought it for me as a Birthday gift.I would like to know if one was made last year( Imagine Tour ) I would like to purchase It if one was made. Thank you Julie

connicia Lee says

I had the great priviledge to attend WOF in Washington d.c. This was my mom’s first time attending ( she has been wanting to do this for years- so i gave it to her as a bday gift.
    It was PHENOMENAL! An experience like none other. If its the Lord’s will, I would love to go back next year…Maybe make it a “ladies trip”
    Christine Caine is so real and honest! Love her ( aussie aussie aussie …. Oi oi oi LOL)
    Great to see Sandi patti- she really works her new role well! Patsy is my girl! and all the other ladies were spectacular!
    The ending of the conference was indescribable! God was def there and what a pleasure to worship Him with such grace and splendor which He so rightly deserved!
    I’M so glad i’m a part of the family of God!!
    we travelled all the way from BERMUDA and have no regrets!
    thanks for Journey… so worth it!

Barbara says

I have to agree with some others that posted saying that they prefered the round stage as opposed to the set stage. I attended in Phila and as always it was great. I loved seeing Mark Lowry – such a joy and Christine was awesome – she’s a keeper! My only disapppointment (and that of my friends that attended) was that Amy grant seemed “off” – it wasn’t the same Amy that we are used to. Prayerfully she is o.k. and maybe dealing with something that she couldn’t share. You really suprised us this year and we look forward to next year.

Rachel says

Just went to WOF Philly for the 2nd year in a row. All of the changes were interesting. I agree with Sue, the round stage seemed more warm and inviting. I loved the live band and I loved the concert at the end with the scripture being read. I liked the Q&A part when they asked the ladies what were their favorite verses. I’d like to see more scripture incorporated into each session and into the event in general. I truly appreciated Christine Caine’s session!

Joyce Buss says

I still have such amazing memories about the Women of Faith gathering this year. I also loved the ending of scripture readings and songs. Wow, it really stays in your mind and soul when it is told in such a realistic way. Thank you so much Womwn od Faith. Joyce

Willie Knowles says

Im so excited to go again, looking forward to Spokane event next time.

Jess Bingham says

I too attended the Philly event and loved it. I must agree with Sue, I as well as many others I spoke to missed the old stage. It just made it easier for everyone to see. God Bless and see you next year.

Sue Harlec says

Just experienced this event in Phila, WOW. My 10 yr old granddaughter was with me and it was a joy to see her feel/hear and see the word and spirit in a whole new way. Thank you WOF for the new changes. Just miss the “in the round” stage setting, seemed more intimate that way.

jeannetteyvonne taylor says

I came to DC from Richmond with a friend from here and friend from Penna. LOVED the entire
    conference BUT the music started out so LOUD, we literally went to the bathroom and got
    tissue to put in our ears……….honestly wanted it turned down so we could enjoy the worship
    time…………seemed like later in program it came down a bit but please be sensitive; we do not
    all love screaming loud music, could not even understand the words of the singers when the
    volume was so loud…………….crazy about the ballet magnificat and speakers……..I personally
    have lost 2 children and my friend lost a daughter……..nice if a speaker addressed that issue
    had to be many many more out of 8,000 ladies who have lost children……bless you all jyt

Brenda Dolweck says

I attended the Columbus Oh event. This is my 2nd year. It always sends God’s happy pill straight to my heart. Thank you Women of Faith. I love love the women of faith singers. I bought “Celebrate Jesus”. I got caught “dancing” on my morning walk listening to it. Passengers by just smile and wave. Lol.