Celebrate What Matters with Chonda Pierce

Chonda PierceA long-time favorite with Women of Faith audiences, Chonda Pierce lifts our spirits with her unpretentious Southern charm and laser sharp wit. It’s been years since Chonda was on the Women of Faith platform and we still have women asking “when will Chonda be back?”

Now we have an answer to that question and it is . . . in just two weeks! Just announced:  Chonda will join the Women of Faith team for Celebrate What Matters in Charlotte, NC, October 19-20.

Chonda mixes music and comedy into a frothy blend that always leaves audiences laughing. Growing up in a Southern church provided her with a lot of material but her first experience with comedy came in college. “I auditioned at Opryland USA and was cast in a music and dance show called Country Music USA,” Chonda says. “Trouble is, I was a terrible dancer! Southern preacher’s kids can’t dance. They tried to teach me but I had two left feet. My boss told me I had better come up with another talent. ”

So she did. “In order to keep my job, I memorized three pages of jokes from Grinders Switch, TN and I impersonated Minnie Pearl for six years. I fell in love with this craft. I still love singing and I still try dancing—but comedy is my first love.”

These days you can often hear Chonda’s comedy on XM and Sirius satellite radio, but making people laugh is not her only gift. Several years ago, Chonda helped found a facility to help those suffering from depression and other recovery issues. “The vision for Branches came from what I learned in rehab. I wanted to help facilitate the same kind of journey that I took toward wholeness.” We’re thankful Chonda took that journey and delighted to have her back with Women of Faith.

Register now to see Chonda in Charlotte or find an event in your city here.

What’s your favorite Chonda story?

Is it the one about her mother and the mini-bar? The time her Nativity scene blew away and she had to knock on her neighbors’ doors and ask “Have you seen Jesus?” Share your Chonda memories with us.

Watch this video on “My Mother and the Mini Bar”

Comments

1. tears of laughter !

Kathy Swanson says

I love Chonda because she is so real!! We all need to learn how to laugh more! God created laughter to heal our ugliness. TYL!

3. I missed Chonda! I always loved her messages… I laughed and cried and felt JESUS all at the same time!

Leisa Beat says

I love them all, they are all my favorite.

5. I love to hear her stories . . . they make you laugh, cry, sing, cry, laugh . . . . they hit home . . . because some of her experiences you have been there . . . too.
    I miss her at Women of Faith . . . would love to see her come back to Denver, CO. …

Connie Badgley says

I have missed Chonda too!!! She never fails to brighten my day, help me gain a better perspective and go rejoicing! I am so glad she is joining Women of Faith and wish she was coming to my city!!!

7. I love love love when she takes her mother to the brew-pub for lunch!

Tammie says

This woman is a true inspiration!
    I love the one she tells of her mother walking by their car and thinking it was her husband under it fixing it and being a little upset he would repair the car when they were gonna be late for church and messed with zipper on his pants. upon returning into the house there was her husband in his easy chair watching tv. the man under the car was a brother from church repairing it for them. when her husband went out to check on him he was passed out cold. he pulled him out and the man had a big whelp in the middle of his forehead.

Paula Henley says

I got to hear Chonda at a local church in May. She is well worth hearing.

10. Thanks Rhonda for the giggles this morning. Minnie would be proud !!! Hope to see you someday in person.

Bethene Denman-Lehman says

Chondra has made me laugh cry and remember that God loves me no matter what. My favorite story is the one about the zipper. i never laughed so hard in all my life. I miss you Chondra. I hope to see you again soon. you truly are an inspiration to all of us. Wish you were going to be in Portland.

Kathy Crout says

I love Chonda. She is so funny. We all have loving stories of our mothers. Laugh Out Loud!!!!

Brenda Graham says

I’ve never seen Chonda, but have enjoyed her tapes. LOL for sure!!!! Come to Omaha next year with WOF, Chondra. We’ll show you some good heart-felt Central Plains love :=)

Leisa Beat says

Brenda; Chonda will be in Omaha this nov.13th for her concert Laugh, lLive and Love, doors open at 6:00 pm sows starts at 7pm cost of tickets are Gold Seating $25.00 + $2.00 fee, General Seating $20.00+$2.00 fee, 10+ guest or more $17.00 + $2.00, can order over the phone at 855-223-1008. She will be at ……….
      Bellvue Christian Center
      1400 Harvell Drive
      Omaha, NE

I hope this will help you, I am a Turbo for Chonda and I live in Arapahoe, NE and I will be at this concert with my 2 daughters, hope to C U there.
      Leisa Beat
      PS U can call me if you wish at 308-655-0107 or 308-962-7608 or e-mail me dljjs7608@yahoo.com