Out of Her Shell

Out of Her ShellThere was a very broken woman . . . one of those who avoided people . . . the first to run out the back door at soon as church was over . . . someone I knew was carrying very deep, dark secrets. I didn’t even know her name. But when I approached her, she agreed to go to Women of Faith, as long as she could stay with me at the conference and hotel.  We did . . . and her life was changed forever that weekend.

Over that weekend, in a very soft and meek voice, she privately started sharing her story with me. It was such a heart-breaking testimony, but this Women of Faith weekend changed her and her life forever.  She came out of her shell big time.

Slowly she began to become involved with the ladies of our church by inviting herself into all of their homes—and when she came she brought a wonderful homemade luncheon for the two of them, dishes and all.  This became so popular that she started having monthly luncheons in her own home for small groups of women. There was always a spiritual theme; even her dishes had scriptures on them!  There was unbelievable food preparation and spiritual fellowship that drew our women even closer to each other.  Again, this became so popular that she had to start finding bigger venues; she started renting facilities to accommodate sometimes up to 200 women in our community. She still comes to Women of Faith every year, but now she brings other women with her.

This woman has been responsible for leading hundreds to the Lord through her ministry, including the man who murdered her sister.   What did I learn from her? That God uses broken vessels!

Comments

Letty Hanson says

Thank you for sharing . You story help me in this time, as i to have been broken and still struggling and undoing and healing praise GOD .I have never left GOD out of my life ,this is different i have experienced nothing as Painfull and devistating and mind boggling as this last trial.Im slowly comming out of my shell .Each day im blessed so much i was always so bold and brave in all i did and always spoke GODS word where ever i went had prayer anywhere. Thanks and GOD Bless you all.I have a intament relationship with GOD now praise GOD.I asked GOD please LORD help me im so confused and feel un wanted i didnt feel that i belonged any place my self esteam was gone it was devistating. GOD is anwering me and inlighting me and i may not like it or undestand it at the time when im going through it but the out come is wounderful i get the understanding and im growing and i know that each day im alittle closer to becoming the women he wants me to be he is definatly preparing me as he has been for years .There is no other way for my life to be only with GOD being first and my everything if GOD isnt in it i dont want it.I was decieved and before i knew what was going on i was a mess praise GOD it got me where i am today

2. What a wonderful story!!! I was very blessed from reading this.

Grace Kambo says

Thank you. This means we should not ignore those who rush out of Church; a word of encouragement could heal their wounds and make them vessels of honor

Joyful Jannell says

Thank you for this great story. I was blessed by the encouragement written throughout the story.

Carolyn says

The young ladies story has encourage me to go forward with the book that I have written. I know that God wants it published because he has opened every door that I thought would be a stumbling block out of my way, so all I need to do is go forward. I am encouraging myself daily that I am an AUTHOR, anointed and called by God to reach others in these last days. May God bless those that have a story and go forward in publishing their book so that others maybe blessed. It’s time to go forward!

• Carolyn, I know you feel as I do about your writing. Every writer has had a first book. For myself, I started the story without realizing how much His Holy Spirit would be leading every thought and word. I often sat in amazement when he made a 180 degree turn in the story, providing His words of inspiration through me. Yes, I was the broken vessel used to inspire many. Since writing that novel in 2008-2009 I have learned how to see His works in me every single day. Never will a day pass without acknowledging His divine intervention. I am sixty years old. I will continue to lean on Him to provide wisdom and grace until we join Him eternally. God Bless everyone here who loves Him so completely.

Cheryl says

Amen!!!! <3

Deb says

This hit me so close to my heart today. I want to be all God wants me to be but sometimes I am so blue it is hard to get going. This woman is a true testimony of putting your life in God’s hands and letting him lead the way. I keep trying to help and get in His way. Thank you so much for sharing.

Judy says

Thank you for sharing this precious womens testimony, We all have things we can share and wonderful Gods love is. Are testimonies are so important, How Beautifully God loves our broken pieces back together. How God uses these testimonies to further his purpose, Because every time this testimony is told it uplifts others even help set the stage for another broken person to come to him to mend. praise the Lord. thank you Ladies.

Judy

meredith says

What a great story and a much needed one at that, with so much evil being reported in the news today, I think everyone should focus on the good- primarily how great our god is and that forgiveness, mercy and grace can help mend the most broken people. I am one that is proud of my brokenness, as that is how I get my strength- through GOD, I can do anything.

10. Thank you, ladies, for all of your encouraging words. I’m glad that this has spoken to you in some way precious way. As a group leader for 11 years, I have received many blessings from watching and hearing how God works in our lives, and how he uses all of us to further His purposes. This lady became an inspiration to many, including myself, as I watched her grow. I want to encourage you, especially those of you who are relating to having been broken sometime in your lives, to let God wrap His arms completely and firmly around you, and just listen to His heartbeat. He is always with you, and He does have plans for each one of us. May you reach toward those nail-pierced hands, and with every day of your life, you will pursue, with passion, the purpose for which God has placed you on this earth. In Jesus’ name, receive it. Amen!

Christine says

So true that God can use broken vessels. He just needs a willing heart.

Peggy says

What an encouraging story. It helps me so much to read these stories to see how God works in others lives. As I continue to struggle with the death of my son, I to know God has a plan for my life. I need to get out of myself and look to others and see what I can do to help. Just to start with one person at a time. Thank you for doing God’s work and His willing vessel. Peg

Kathy says

What an amazing story!! I personally know some women in our church that have very tragic stories, too. But they have walked through that valley and now walk along side of others in that valley through their training as a Stephen Minister! God truly DOES use broken vessels to carry the Good News to others. Thanks be to God!!

leah diaz says

hello
    i am Leah Diaz in Johannesburg South Africa….its so amazing I started singing look what THE LORD HAS DONE….Would woman of Faith be coming to South Africa and when is your next conference in the USA Trusting in The Lord ALMIGHTY IS HIS NAME JESUS that I can attend thanks Leah

Kathi says

What a great story! God is so good! She is a wonderful inspiration.

Marie says

May God continue to be good to you. I am not prefect either. I been down and out a few times in my life. Right now I am on the down side in my life But I as know there will be a silver line in the stars and I God time everything will be alright. Also what I do know there are always lessons to be learned. Sometime I am grateful for them. Life does get better. As I have heard in my life If it is to be It is up to me to make change
    Marie

Ann says

God is a wonderful and awesome God. He knows us so well and wants us so badly t o let him come into our lives. I too was a broken woman very much like that lady in the story. But I never forgot that Jesus was always with me. With the help of other persons in my life, my church and even strangers. I was able to come out of my shell. I was able to share my story privately and publically. I know God uses our brokeness to heal us and others.

18. Great story! Makes me wonder how the conference affected the ladies that attended in Portland who were brought by a lady, and who had all just come out of prison, and some who had addiction problems. I listened with ‘their’ ears to the words of encouragement, and how much God loved them.

19. Women of Faith have been such an inspiration for so many. Personally I have not been able to attend any events due to CFS and Fibro health issues for eight years. However, four years ago I decided to write a novel about three strong, determined, faithful women of God who turned to Him during the good times and the tough times. That manuscript has been tucked away for awhile now, having had no success in getting it published. My belief was, if God wanted it to be shared with the public, he would present that opportunity at some point in my life. So, to find the writing competition recently on your website, I was tickled at the prospect of actually submitting it for review. I have now been revising and editing once again with a renewed hope that He wants others to be inspired by the story’s blessed events in these women’s lives. You’ve given me reason to feel valued again. I have even shared the manuscript with a few women from my church, who truly enjoyed the inspiration they received. Thank you “Women of Faith” for this rare opportunity.

Pam says

I hear what you are saying . I too was broken, beaten down.battered and bruised. But the Lord Jesus was there to see me through. Now I am Older and full of the Lords Love and know what I have been trained for. I am still Learning to Trust Him in all that life has to throw at me.With Jesus Help and my faith in him Life is path is much easier to travail . And I am never alone. Thank you for sharing your story. It has helped me see I am just one of many. Pam B. ^j^

21. Wow! Isn’t it AMAZING what God can do with us when we take even small steps of faith — like inviting another woman to experience Women of Faith. In my estimation, you who invited her have been every bit as much instrumental in leading those hundreds of people to the Lord.

22. I have to say thank you for sharing this. I have been struggling so much lately with knowing God has a great plan for my life, but at the same time feeling that my opinions nor my story would matter. In the last week though, I have been so inspired by a friend, a movie, and know this post. I’m still nervous but I now know that the story I have to tell is important and could possibly be used for His purpose! Now just gotta figure out how in the world to start my story. Blessings!

Judy says

I found that joining a Toastmasters helped me learn how to write my story and then be able to slowly tell it. YOu might find that intersting especially if it is a Christian based one. That makes it safe and you can go slow. YOu can be as involved as you choose

Pam says

Just start writing and let the Holy Spirit use you and your word to express all that you have bottled up within your self. Because it by His stripes we are healed . Now we just have to unburden our selves and seek Gods Grace. I’ll keep you in my Prayers. ^j^