We Found Jesus

We Found JesusNot long ago, I went over to my son Brett’s house for dinner and to take a nativity set to my two little grandsons. It was one of those nativity scenes where you have to find the pieces and put it all together. The boys were excited by the gift and took it to the dinner table to assemble it.

I was in the kitchen talking to Brett and my daughter-in-law when suddenly my little seven-year-old autistic grandson started jumping up and down in the other room, shouting at the top of his lungs, “We found Jesus, Gammy, we found Jesus!!!!!”

In the kitchen, I threw up my arms and screamed, “Praise God…that’s what every Grandmother wants to hear!”

This Christmas season, it’s my prayer that you, also, find Jesus—at your dinner table, in the Word of God, and most importantly, in your heart.

“Christmas began in the heart of God. It is complete only when it reaches the heart of man.”
—Anonymous

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

Comments

Kathyren says

Wow-wee!!! I read this to my husband and his response was “GLORY”!!! I haven’t been on my computer in about three weeks, but the message doesn’t get any less after Christmas! God is SO good all the time!!!

Anne says

I loved your story. I would love to do that with my grandchildren. Was it a special nativity scene or did you just use one that you already have.

3. Interesting indeed, this reminds us as parents to teach our children about Jesus and his everlasting love for us… THANK YOU!!!

Vicky says

What a precious story.Thank you so much for sharing.

Debbie Salmonson says

All I can think of is – GOD HAS AMAZING LAVISH LOVE FOR HIS CREATION, especially children! As an Assistant Director for a Christian Preschool, that is our purpose every day, to make Jesus known to our kiddos and their families. We rejoice with them when they choose to become His followers and live Christ’s life! Emmanuel – God with us!

6. What a sweet story for Christmas

7. thanks for the story . it helps to know children know who Jesus is.

Reni Rose says

Dear Jesus, Let my Granddaughter ASHLYN ROSE LAMBERT get excited about finding JESUS when I bring the Nativity to my daughters house Christmas day evening! LOL Reni I think she has the right to choose to know Jesus, even though her parents don’t go to church or say they believe!

LESLIE LYNN says

God of miracles God of love,what a blessing of the season hearing those words your grandson gave,he is a powerful testimony of Gods love and grace.

Debbie says

I really enjoyed the story. Jesus said to let the children come to him. Children show us how to love Jesus and to be excited about his birth. Thank you for sharing>