Something BIG

At a very young age, I felt something BIG missing from my life. We celebrated every Muslim holiday, my grandma was a very devoted Muslim; most of my aunts wore the hijab (a head cover). We went to the Mosque, we fasted during Ramdan (my kind of fasting consisted of me sneaking to my bedroom and eat candy that was hidden under my bed), and we prayed to Allah. I grew up in a very dysfunctional home, my father was an alcoholic, finances were tight and my parents argued a lot. I felt broken at a very young age, I prayed and prayed to Allah for comfort and help, yet I felt nothing when I prayed to him. I was lost.

We moved to Duluth, MN in 2000. I was very angry at my parents. First, because I was 14 (awkward age), I had awesome friends in Jordan and my English was very broken. Second: why Minnesota? Out of all the states in America, they chose the coldest one. It felt like the worst punishment. I rebelled a lot growing up. I made mistakes that I wish I could take back. I was beyond lost at this point in my life.

In 2006 I met Marc; there was an instant connection between us. The more we got to know each other the more we liked one another. His love for the Lord intrigued me a lot and that’s when I became curious about Jesus. I remember praying one night and asking Jesus if He was real that He would lead me to Him because I was so broken and also because I needed His love so bad.

I started going to church, and having Bible studies with Marc’s (who is now my husband) grandma and I fell head over heels in love with Jesus. That one BIG thing missing in my life since I was a little girl was Him. That lost broken little girl found her Savior, her Father and her King after all these years. He was The One that glued her broken heart back together.

Comments

1. 1 year ago
    Lola says

Dear Aisha
    I am the opposite. I was raised Christian, essentially “turned my back on God”, then He in His loving wisdom brought me back into Faith and Love with Him in 2008. One month later I went to a Women of Faith event and that was so touching. I cried and prayed with every song, and Praise BE, I have not looked back since then and have been walking with my Saviour. Ironically, I now live in a Muslim country. You moved to the States, I moved to Saudi. However, I have asked God to cover me with his Spirit, and let me know when to speak up and when to shut up. Just last week, I was able to pray openly with two lovely Muslims: one male and one female. The female actually repeated my prayer words. Please pray for me and all the wonderful people of this country.

• Hi Lola,
      Wow!! Why did you move to Saudi? I will def. be praying for you, friend!! I got goosebumps when I read the Muslim female repeating your prayer words! That’s HUGE! I know people will be blessed by you over there! God Bless you for listening to what The Lord was calling you to do!

Blessings to you, Lola!!

2. Hi Helen,

WOW!!!! Your testimony is amazing, my friend!!! Do your parents know you are a Christian?? Do you ever visit Iran? Christ is SOO good, and you are so right blessings do indeed come through adversity!!!

Blessings to you!! :)

3. 1 year ago
    Helen Abdali Soosan Fagan says

Aisha,

Your pain, journey and discovery are all too familiar to me! Christ is so good! I am from Iran, I am now almost 50, but my parents did the same thing! I moved to England at 12 and was then sent to a boarding school in America without them at age 15! I have had to work hard to merge the wholeness of who I am and recognize that the blessings come through adversity

4. 1 year ago
    laynah says

Thank you for sharing. As Christians, we often see the lost world and want to give up feeling no one wants to hear the story of Jesus and His love. Thank you for showing that there are still those seeking. Such a beautiful story!

5. Nice Testimony !!!!
    good to hear that you were attending Women of Faith conference , I like the worship team.
    I want to attend but I can’t because I’m from India …
    I pray for god to have the worship team in India at least once
    Glad that you’ve got Him(Jesus) which you missed in your childhood..
    Praise the Lord

• 1 year ago
      June says

Hello Mounica
      Wow! This is more than amazing to me!
      You are writing from India!
      Which part of India are you in?
      I presently live in California, U.S..
      If you like please give me your e-mail address?
      We know of a couple that came to U of Waterloo, Ontario & after finishing his Post-Doctorate he had to return back to India to work.
      Eric is connected with her husband on the Facebook.

• Hi June
        M frm Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (state)
        mounica.beulah@gmail.com
        very much happy abt the thing that v r having christian concert on 20th f dz mnth fr wich DON MOEN,PAUL BALOCHE,LENNY LEBLANC nd d team r attending :)
        If it z God’s will to attnd i’ll go fr sure :)

• Hi Mounica,

How amazing!! I hope Women of Faith conference do go to India someday …. they will bless many people!

Blessings to you, my friend!! :)

6. 1 year ago
    Bella says

I am touched because I have a lot of beautiful Muslim friends who are really devoted to God and yet, I felt they seem to be missing something. As much as they pray, some continuously being down/depressed about certain issues in their life. And the saddest part is that, they get very defensive when I tried to encourage them with encouraging bible verse. May everyone else can open their heart to know the truth like you do! Praise the Lord! =D

• 1 year ago
      June says

Hello Bella
      I was very touched by your concern for your Muslim friends.
      And it is sad to see it on the outside & sometimes I just freeze in my mind thinking How Satan has blinded their eyes , & will prevent you from being close to them.
      We had found over the years that the best technic that Eric & I use is to totally immerse yourself in their lives…How? Showing love for Jesus in you…having coffee, inviting them to lunch, being interested in their Culture, their history, their family, learning What they eat & What they wear….Then allowing God to hear your Prayer & Concern for their lives…Wait on God to move you to speak for him.
      Remember you are in the Enemies territory.
      When God moves you to speak he will provide Angels to protect you…then leave All Consequences in his hand!
      Hope this helps!

• 1 year ago
      N. Ismail says

Hi Bella,
      I am a muslim by birth and a practicing one too.Life is not a bed of thorn less roses, we go through trials etc.etc. Many a times I have raised my hands when I am distraught but Allah (GOD) gives me ONLY that which is good for my well being. If one leaves all their affairs in his hands than why worry? I have many Christian friends( who are very dedicated and compassionate) and I don’t get defensive. With due respect …. When ones faith is weak then you lament over every little thing. Satan has not blinded Muslims eyes as June says, the truth is when ones faith in God is weak Satan has an open door way in their affairs :(

• Hi N. Ismail,

Thank you for stopping by! I have a friend with your last name! Where are you from?!

Blessings to you!! :)

• 1 year ago
        June says

Hello N. Ismail
        Please forgive me for What I’m about to say to you.
        My whole idea of my Christian walk on this earth is to never twist Scriptures, and to bring false hope to these beautiful ladies that are looking for encouragement… That there is a way out … There is a Christ who loves them & can bring healing to their present situation.
        Christ was born of a virgin birth which we know is Mary, the mother of Jesus.
        Virgin meaning pure, never slept with other man…Are you with me so far?
        Luke1:35. And he shall be called The Son of God!
        Luke1:50..And his mercy & kindness toward the miserable & afflicted is on those who fear him with godly reverence, from generations to generations and age to age.
        We recognize his birth celebration on Christmas Day.
        Luke 2:22 When it came time for their purification, for the mother & the baby Jesus, they brought him to Jerusalem to present him to The Lord.
        It was customary & also the Law of The Lord, every 1 st born male that opens the womb shall be set apart and dedicated and called holy to The Lord…Luke 2:23.
        Luke 2:34… And Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary his mother….
        THIS CHILD IS APPOINTED AND DESTINED FOR THE FALL AND RISING OF MANY IN
        ISRAEL, AND FOR A SIGN THAT IS SPOKEN AGAINST.

Luke2:35….And a sword will pierce through your own soul also- that the secret thoughts and
        purposes of many hearts may be brought out and disclosed.
        Many are looking for something to believe in…& the Devil can lead us to worship him also.
        We are most vulnerable when we open ourselves up to worshipping other Gods…& if their God can order them to kill other than Peace & forgiveness for those that sin against us… Then We are responsible & mature beings to be able to evaluate for ourselves which road we want to take as Christ says…When you are not For me you are against me!
        Hope this helps you & clarifies clearly who Christ is& The awesome God that I believe in!!

I was raised Anglican… Never really understood the Scripture. I had confirmation before I was 12.

• Hi Bella,

I understand your concern. I see that with my own family as well and it hurts me deeply. Pray, share His word and love them! The rest is on Him! :)

Blessings!!

7. 1 year ago
    Theresa says

Thank you for sharing this. God works in wonderful ways. Sometimes it is rough but He is always there to help us through it. God Bless You and your family.

• Hi Theresa,

You are very welcome!! He always Has His arms open and He is always ready to hold us!! He is great!

Blessings to you!! :)

8. 1 year ago
    Jan says

Dearest Aisha,
    Thank you for sharing your story. I am so greatful to the Lord for winning your heart with His love. I also love hearing all the other testimonies of how others have found, or been found by the Savior. Isn’t He so utterly amazing! My testimony is much like yours, only I am white and born here in the US. At the time, I was so lost and hurting. My father had left us, he was an alcoholic and my mother was practicing withcraft. I started dating a Christian, who told me about Jesus. Strange that up to this time, I had never heard a clear Gospel message. Anyway, I fell in love with Christ and this young man, all about the same time. That was 44 years ago. My love for Christ and my husband has grown sweeeter and deeper as the years have gone by.
    Aisha, I am going to be praying that the Lord will bless you with close friends. Friends who will be able to relate to you, and you to them, not only as a believers in Christ, but who know and understand what it is like to be from a Muslim country and religion. Even among other Christians, a person can feel very lonely. Though you don’t know me, I care.
    Warmest Regards,
    Jan Rouse

• Hi Jan,

This made my heart so happy! I too LOVE hearing testimonies of others … and yours is so wonderful read!! Praise God!! We may have lacked the fatherly love from our fathers growing up, but the love Our Heavenly Father has for us triumphs over all!! I love this verse Zephaniah 3:17!

You are so very kind and I think you for your prayers!!!

Blessings to you!! :)

9. 1 year ago
    Crystal B says

I was that same broken little girl, only I floated in and out of churches my whole life. Somehow I also ended up in Minnesota, and now breathing out every breath for the King of Kings! I loved your story, keep sharing it!

• Hi Crystal,

Breathing out every breath for The King of Kings … ahhh I LOVE this description!! How awesome!! :)
      Where in MN??

Blessings!!

10. 1 year ago
    Gloria says

Thank you Sister for your story. Truly God saves each those He calls to His Kingdom. May the Lord use you to bring others to Jesus our Savior.

11. 1 year ago
    Paula says

Aisha
    I wanted to let you know that your story touched me and blessed me so much!! Welcome to the sisterhood of HIS daughters!!! God bless you and your family always!! HE is good!!

• Hi Paula,

O, this makes my heart so happy!! :) thank you so much for your kind words!! He is SOO good!! :)

Blessings to you!! :)

12. 1 year ago
    Karlee LaFavor says

Thank you so much for this testimony! I too fell head over heels in love with him!

13. 1 year ago
    Olivia says

It took alot of courage to do what you have done. You’re beautiful inside and out and I’m so proud of you! :)

14. 1 year ago
    Mary says

Thank you for sharing this beautiful testimony, Aisha. What a blessing!

15. 1 year ago
    Beverly Morefield says

Your story touched me so much. I have Muslim friends and I would like to share Jesus with them, but there has not been an opportunity since I have only been around them at my public job. Pray that God will give me an way to share the love of His precious son! I am so delighted that you are a part of our Christian family! I will think of you when I pray that God may continue to help you grow in your walk with Him and ask that you pray for me!

• Hi Beverly,

They have an awesome friend and I will of course pray for you and them!! It is very tough to see close friends or family members walk through life without knowing The Lord. It hurts my heart. I have been praying for my family everyday for four years now and will always continue to pray for them. He works in mysterious ways and I trust that His timing is perfect!! :)

Blessings to you!!

16. 1 year ago
    Kris says

Aish how wonderful!! God is so good and Jesus is our Savior and loves you so much!
    God has big plans for you :)

17. Aww, that’s beautiful! :)

I will pray for you and your growing relationship with Jesus Christ and of course, the love of your life! ;)

18. 1 year ago
    Nicole says

I’m so happy you wrote this! Only a Christian for 4 years and so much faith has been instilled in you. The Lord loves you very much and will always be there for you, strengthening you as you grow. I know you do not feel well, but God is patient in his timing, our most precious moments with him are discovered while we are ‘waiting’ because that is when our changing happens and we see his purpose at the end!

19. 1 year ago
    Bobbi Hershey says

This is beautiful, Aisha! How wonderful you found that missing link in your life! Bless you!!
    Bobbi

20. 1 year ago
    June says

Hello Aisha
    Thank you for your story.
    It’s hard to believe you have grown so much since you met your husband. It is amazing how Awesome our Saviour Jesus Christ rescued you, restored you, & guided you, & now using your life for his Glory.
    Praise God!!
    I was born in SE Asia, a beautiful Island below the Equator. Are you familiar with Brunei. An Island run by a King…& he is also a Moslem.
    I left Brunei with my family at the age of 13.to live in Canada, then 20 years later I met my husband. Eric.
    I became a Christian when God touched me from my head to my toes at a Beginners Bible Study.
    I have been married 1/4 Century, & it wasn’t long ago that I realize How detrimental living with a pair of Parents modeling Anger, frustration, Unforgiveness, & holding grudges.. All to which the Bible calls it death. I understand your pain as a little girl. I too wanted to run away!. & I found that satan will try, try , try relentlessly to remind you of the past…. Was it easy to just drop it? What about your own family?
    We’re they readily accept your faith or Did they threaten your life? To turn away & believe in other Gods must feel like to them a Kick in the face… Or Did they ever say to you ” they will disown you!
    We have had gone through 2 house fires… The 2nd house fire We were on our Vacation… & within 3 days before Christmas my husband & I had to turn our ticket around to deal with the mess…we rebuilded our burned home into a 4,000 sq ft home, then 2 years later I won my Father to The Lord on the phone.
    I won my mother to The Lord 5 years before Dad.
    In 2007, our daughter wanted to attend Public School. She had been Homeschooled & she wanted to complete her last 2 final years in Public School. Kaiser decided she could have the 3 Vaccines on the same day… Our outgoing daughter is now 21, & she’s been diagnosed of schyfroneia… It’s gone past 5 years & she still isn’t able to function by herself… God spoke to me in 2011 & told me that “He will heal my daughter…I recently met a Christian friend & she told me that God told her ” That he will heal her!
    That was a Confirmation that its coming ! My daughters name is Brittany.
    All I want to do now is To give Jesus all the Glory,Honor & Praises for my life, my family , my friends & Acquaintances.
    I will go & do what he wants me to do.

• 1 year ago
      Gloria says

Amen

• Hi June,

Beautiful testimony!! Will be praying for your daughter!!

Blessings!! :)

• 1 year ago
          June says

Aisha…Thank you!
          I just want to say you look radiant in the little picture.
          When we have Jesus….. Not only we have love, peace, joy, contentment,.& more…
          He makes us look Radiant…..his Light shinning through you!!!
          He is an AWESOME GOD!!!!!!

21. 1 year ago
    beth burnham says

Hi Aisha, I too am a woman of faith and I live in superior across the bridge I would love to meet you. Maybe you would like to come to the women of faith conference with us in the fall.

• Hi Beth,

I actually live in the cities area right now! I do visit Duluth on occasion since my family still lives there! My friend and I are going to the Women of Faith conference this year. Attending it last year was a HUGE blessing!! Would love to meet you as well!! :)

Blessings to you!!

22. 1 year ago
    Nancy S. Smith says

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story. It’s so encouraging to hear how the Lord draws us
    close when we are open to his love. Even though I grew up in a ‘Christian’ family, I also was confused
    and seeking the love that was missing there. The good Lord has been drawing me closer over the years
    and helping me to trust him more and more. I’m inspired by your faith and your ability to accept His blessings, guidence and love. Blessings to you and your family.

• Hi Nancy,

How awesome to hear what He is doing in your life and will continue to do!! Thanks for your kind words!! :)

Blessings, my friend!!

23. 1 year ago
    Lulu says

Aisha,

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing in such a poignant way how this event changed your life.
    It’s that way, so simple straight forward and the deep inner change when one accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.. This brought tears to my eyes!

God Bless you Aisha!

• Hiiii Lulu,

Love seeing your name on here hehe!! Thanks for reading this and of course your kind words, always!!!
      I’m sure we will be chit chatting on email later!! :)

Love you!
      Aisha

24. I loved your story, how awesome it is when you meet Jesus and to know he will always be there for you.
    Blessings to you my dear Sister in The Lord.

25. 1 year ago
    Sweta says

Aisha,

You cannot know how deeply your words touched me. The parallels between your story and my own are remarkable (even down to my boyfriend who is from the Midwest with whom I fell in love and whose family had so much to do with my coming to Christ!). I am so blessed by your story and I am so in awe of how God uses each one of us to accomplish His glory. I sometimes feel so alone in my journey with Christ because I can’t imagine that there is anyone else like me out there, but I am amazed that there are people like you (and countless others) that have been through a lot of what I have been through and are living their lives fully for Christ.

God bless you and thank you so much for sharing!

• Hi Sweta,

I too sometimes feel alone in my journey with Christ because of what I’ve been through and not knowing if anyone can relate. So, thank YOU for sharing this with me!! Did you live in Middle East?? How awesome that we have Him walking us through this journey with Him!? God Bless You, my friend!! :)

• 1 year ago
        Sweta says

Aisha,
        I live in Northern Virginia and my family background is Hindu. I became a Christian 2 years ago and was baptized this past November. I hope that you continue to grow in your faith and continue to share your story to inspire people like us :)

-Sweta

26. 1 year ago
    Sallie says

I also know about God’s call because Jesus drew me out of a Jewish home. My teen years were filled with confusion and I was searching for answers without even understanding my questions. This little Jewish girl found her Messiah. Actually, He found me and made me His own. Praise God!

• Hi Sallie,

What an awesome testimony!! Our stories sound very much alike. Thank you so much for sharing that with me!! Have you been to Israel? I would love to make a trip there during my next visit to Jordan someday!! God Bless You, my friend!! :)

27. 1 year ago
    Adrienne Padrick says

Praise God! The Lord works in mysterious ways. Have you heard of Saddleback Church’s 12 Cities PEACE plan? Amman, Jordan is one of those cities; please pray for them; from Huntington Beach, CA

• Hi Adrienne,

I have not heard of it but Amman, Jordan is where I was born and raised!! They are always in my prayers and will continue to pray for them :)

28. 1 year ago
    Vivian says

What a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing. You sound like a wonderful person and may God bless you throughout your life.

29. 1 year ago
    Candice says

Thank you for sharing your testimony! Beyond lost describes me before meeting Jesus.

30. 1 year ago
    Eileen says

Is Marc also a pastor? Do you live in MN now? I have a firend in SD whose son Mark, a MN pastor is married to a Hidu girl. If not I still find your story, one of hope and delight in knowing the living God. Thanks for sharing.

• Hi Eileen,

My husband is not a pastor. And yes, I still live in MN …. not too sure about the weather here though :p
      Thank you for your kind words! :)

31. My oh my, what a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing your testimony. Truly you have experienced Gods love in such a mighty way. God Bless You!!

32. 1 year ago
    Julie says

Aisha, Have you ever read the book I Dared To Call Him Father? It is by Bilquis Sheikh. It is a book about how she met Jesus.