6 Steps to Conflict Resolution

Got DisagreementsIt’s the little things, isn’t it? Countless small hurts and irritations that pile up and up and up until finally the pile topples over into a spirit-crushing, emotionally-damaging argument.

“Within countless marriages, simple disagreements over small issues resolved poorly add bricks to the thickening walls of relational separation between couples.  While the many small issues are different on the surface, at the core, they all have something in common—an unloving lack of respect shown for the other person.  In marriage, this can have a devastating effect, with more and more women filing for divorce at a rate of three times that of men.  While everyone can agree upon the pain and impact of divorce upon a family, few people understand fully how to put a stop to the unhealthy communication patterns that create and deepen the relationship chasm between husbands and wives.” —from Got Disagreements? by Nina Roesner

In Got Disagreements? Nina Roesner—author of The Respect Darehelps us in understand why these disagreements come about. Weaving Scripture through her practical advice, Nina offers six “small steps that deeply impact our interactions.” From validating the other’s position to (respectfully) asking questions for clarification, Nina’s counsel helps calm the storm of disagreements and gives us a roadmap toward a more peaceful life. “Eventually,” she says, “if we persevere, we create an atmosphere in our home which benefits both husband and wife, and models Spirit-filled conflict resolution, which is a blessing for our children as well.”

Got Disagreements? is free to download when you become a member of womenoffaith.com.

You know that phrase, “Don’t sweat the small stuff?” That does NOT apply here.

All too often small issues grow into BIG problems. Nina says we “often fail to pay attention to these small issues and the tremendous impact solving them well can have on our whole marriage.” Investing in a strong relationship can reap huge rewards.

Got Disagreements? is for more than just marriage . . . Nina’s methods for approaching disagreements can help defuse potential arguments with other people, as well, like a difficult boss, a cranky customer, or any of the multiple potential foes we interact with every day. Why live a contentious life when you can nip unhealthy communication patterns in the bud? Find out how in Got Disagreements?

Nina Roesner, author of Got Disagreement? is also the author of The Respect Dare: 40 Days to a Deeper Connection with God and Your Husband and the executive director of Greater Impact Ministries. She  blogs at NinaRoesner.com. Nina speaks regularly as part of her ministry activities, equipping women around the world to have a deeper relationship with God and others. You can find out more about

The Respect Dare at TheRespectDare.com. Order your copy of The Respect Dare: 40 Days to a Deeper Connection with God and Your Husband at HERE.

Along with your copy of Got Disagreements? you’ll also become a valued member of the Women of Faith community and receive:

• Women of Faith Daily emails with inspiration, event information, contests, news, and special discounts
  • The ability to share ideas with the Women of Faith online Community—accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
  • And much more!

This free download is our gift to you . . . because we agree: we’ve all “Got Disagreements!”

Comments

1. 1 year ago
    Anita says

I have been attempting to sign up for the email subscription and free stuff but the website doesn’t want to accept my information. Please help. Thank you

• We had technical errors occurring with the captcha field. It has since been replaced. Please try again.

2. 1 year ago
    Cheryl Macomber says

I tried numerous times to sign in so that I could download some of your free materials, but it won’t let me… it keeps telling me that I can only use lower case letters and numbers. No matter what I type, that is the response I get. Sad.

3. 1 year ago
    l says

The ‘Women of Faith’ webcast:www.vimeo.com/69254330 is Such a BLESSING (& I cant wait to visit:www.bibleseries.tv.com

4. 1 year ago
    Bernice says

how long ago did you loose your prgnancy? sometimes a hormonal imbalance can occur when our pregnancy fails, sometimes the imbalance causes the miscarriage. seek medical advise and continue to trust in Jesus, not YOUR understanding. After many (4 ) misscarriages we were blessed by two beautiful girls, god knows the plan for your life….and the timing. I will continue to pray for you

5. 1 year ago Avatar of
    Kate Kindle says

Another word, tend to your physical health. Anemia could be a problem, so eat calf liver once a week to build your blood. Take a comprehensive B Vitamin to calm your anxiety. Eat fish to give you clear thinking. Excercise daily. Be easy on yourself.

6. 1 year ago Avatar of
    Kate Kindle says

I’m sorry your baby miscarried. That’s a sad day for a mother. You did get pregnant, though, and, hopefully, you will again. I promise, the happiness you’ll feel with a newborn baby will put your suffering in perspective. Don’t be afraid. You should know that God has a great plan for your life. And, though you have loosened your faith in Him, He continues to believe in you.

7. 1 year ago
    OKONKWO NKECHI says

Needs prayers and spiritual help and upliftment

8. 1 year ago
    Okonkwo Nkechi says

Since i lost my 1st baby i.e 1st pregnacy i dnt feel like living 4 christ any more.i try 2 live like christ yet so much pain,disappointments,unemployment.Though my husband is ok,he is doing everything 2 bring back 2 d person i use 2 b including my siblings,parents especially my mum.crying&tears is my daily food,am really down.I need prayers,spiritual uplifement and help because am in pieces @ d moment.

• OKONKWO, I am so very sorry for your loss. Of course, you will initially feel loss and grief. But that loss and grief should subside with time. If you are still feeling the sharpness of the pain two years later, I suggest you seek help from a certified grief counselor. Ultimately, we believe your little one is with Jesus since the baby did not reach the age of accountability. One day you will join him/her if you have received Christ as your personal savior and Lord. In the meantime, please rest assured, God knows your heartache and is keeping your tears in a bottle. He has written your name in the palm of his hand. You are His. Be sure you are actively sharing your pain and thoughts with Him, openly and honestly. He is a big enough God to handle your fears and tears, your grief and pain. Be very transparent with Him. He Heals and Comforts. He is not a respecter of persons, and since He’s done it for countless others, He will heal your sorrow as well if you rest in Him alone. God bless you, sweetie.

9. 1 year ago
    Marie says

Hi

I’m failing to get access to the book on conflict resolution which was advertised in the mail I received. Please advise me.

• Hi Marie,

To access the book you first must login to the site. Once you’re logged in you should then be able to access the book. You will need acrobat reader on your computer in order to view it properly on your computer. You can download that here.

Thank You.
      Women of Faith

10. 1 year ago
    Sheril says

Since I just signed up as a volunteer and thus am not a Registered Member, are the downloadable e-books available to me?

• Hi Sheril,

Thank You for applying to be a volunteer. Unfortunately the Volunteer form and the Member form don’t talk to each other. So you would need to become a registered member in order to download Free Stuff. You can sign up here: http://www.womenoffaith.com/signup You will get an activation email where you will need to click a link within that email. Once you have activated your membership you will be able to login and get anything within Free Stuff.

Thank You.
      Women of Faith

11. Michelle,
    God knows your heart and that which you are dealing with, so keep loving, trusting and obeying God. He will take care of your spouse. Stand strong in you conviction to serve God and to do his will. Prayer, faith, and actions to do what thus says the lord, will be the catalyst to pulling your spouse towards God. May God bless you and your spouse(family).

12. How do u deal when you love, trust, and obey God but your spouse is a lover of the world?

13. WOW! Thank you for “Got Disagreements?” as I need this so desperatly. I have also ordered “The Respect Dare – 40 day”. I have been looking for this kind of books for many years and think if I had these 30 years ago, our marrage would be so much better. Again, thank you Nina Roesner and WOF! You are awesome!

14. how do you get it if you are already a member?