1 PETER – Hope for Us All

1PeterPeter had walked with the Savior; he’s seen the risen Christ.  He was and experienced mature believer when he wrote this book, but he doesn’t deny the suffering believers face day after day.  He gives tremendous hope to us all.

There’s no inference that we should not suffer, that we somehow deserve the suffering we bear, nor does he suggest it’s our responsibility to protect ourselves from the pain of life.  Quite the contrary, he encourages us to recognize that we do get hurt and to hang on to Christ where we will find encouragement and hope in the midst of the hard times.

From Women of Faith Devotional Bible.  Copyright © 2003 (Thomas Nelson, Inc.)  Used by permission.

Comments

1. The word reminds us Lord, that You are a very present help in time of trouble. You reminded me that some of Your most awesome works are done at the times we cannot see anything, just because we can’t see anything, doesn’t mean You are not doing anything; Ecclesiastes 3 reminds us “You make all things beautiful, in Your time.” Help us to remember You’re just not finished yet. Let us be patient and remember You are God, You know just what to do in all our circumstances. Thankyou Lord, You brought us through things in the past, when we didn’t know what to do, and You will again. You are faithful! We love You Jesus!! I can’t wait to see what You are going to do next!

Susan says

Am thankful to God for all these encouragement messages! May God
    Continue to heal the sick, to strengthen the week, to answer the prayers,
    In the mighty name of Jesus the son of the living God.
    May God bless you all…love you:)

Cathy says

I need the guidance of God. I have been praying and reading my bible and don’t feel any nearer to him. I believe in God and so want his help with my own life and my childs and my estranged husband. My family is broken and I pray for help.

• 6 months ago
      dawn says

Cathy, you are in my prayers.

• 6 months ago
        Cathy says

thank you Dawn for your prayers. I pray for you too. I awake in the morning feeling depressed and desperate and I cry. i ask for Jesus to help us.

• 6 months ago
          dawn says

Lord,
          only You know your have a plan for Cathy and her family. Please give her a word of encouragement in the next few scriptures that she reads so that she can hear your still small voice. Draw close to her as she tries to draw closer to You. Help her to know that in her weakness, You are strong and will hold her up. I lift up her family to You for healing and reconciliation on Your terms, Lord, always on Your terms. May she wake up tomorrow with joy in her heart knowing that no matter what, You will not leave her.
          Amen

B. Williams says

I feel it’s most important to trust when times are the hardest. Difficult circumstances test every fiber of our being and yes, even our faith. I am strengthened and reassured when I read the Word of God. He has promised never to leave us nor forsake us, and we can stand on these words.

When the disciples were on the boat in that stormy sea (Mark 4:39), they were NOT in it by themselves! Jesus was in that boat with them. I know sometimes it feels as if we travel the ruggedness alone. We cry out, and there seems to be no response. But, I have learned that although the Lord may appear to be silent, he is never absent! He is a keeper of His Word! He will speak peace to the winds and they will obey Him.

pat says

Psalm 139:14
    “I am fearfully and wonderfully made…”
    It never ceases to amaze me that God Knew me before the creation of the world. He knew when we were born and when we will die. There is nothing that we can do but bask in His Love and praise Him every morning for the many blessings that He gives us.
    Praise to you,and your precious family!

Brenda Clark says

I ask for your prayers, as my two children my daughter 11 yeats old with ADHD and a mild cognitive delay, and my son 9 years old with High Functioning Asperger’s were put back in Foster Care 5 months after I spent a year fullfilling the counties requirements. It actually all started because I asked for some help, well to keep it short, the county did provide me help, and in the fall of the year when I struggle even more because of the decreasing sunshine and used the help the county then used that as proof that I can Not handel the kids by myself. I will be approaching the courts for the kids to come back, permantely so PLEASE PRAY.

• 6 months ago
      Mickie says

My prayers r lifted for you & your kids!!! I have
      an autistic grdson & I know how hard it is for my
      stepdaughter but love & help gets her thru w a lil
      help from his daddy… Now she is taking him to court
      Hard for us to b totally there for them n help w
      him as we r in Mi & they r in Cali :(
      Hang in there…Mickie

PAULINE S RODRIGUEZ says

BY FAITH TO THOSE THAT BELIEVE STRONG IN THIS WORD SHALL SUSTAIN DAILY LIVING IN LIFE, I HAVE BEEN AND STILL GOING THROUGH OBSTACLES THOUGH FAITH AND PUSH UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.
    THE LORD IS ALLWAYS AWESOME BEEN WITHOUT WORK, THOUGH I KNOW THE RIGHT JOB AT THE RIGHT MOMENT ALL SHALL SUPER CEDE THROUGH CHRIST WHICH GIVES US THE STRENGTH.
    I HAVE BEEN THROUGH TURMOILS NEVER IMAGINE.

Cindy Weber says

I was so inspired by your story. Even though our kids are grown,I sometimes think I would not be able to go on without my husband. But I know we have to pick ourselves up and carry on and know God is with us every step of the way. God put those little girls in your life to give you comfort and to know that is what your husband wanted for you. You will always be surrounded by your 4 children and will never be alone. Wouldn’t you have loved to be there when God told your husband he indeed made a difference in someone’s life.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Cindy

Bev says

I find it strange that your husband didn’t think he would make a difference raising the two boys you already had…strange!

Sarah says

I lost my left leg 2012. I have been in so much pain since then. I have prayed for him to help me. I finally got off the narcotics and found something to ease my pain. I have loved Him but am able to love Him more now. It is so hard when you are hurting so bad. I can`t imagine what He went through on the Cross for us. Thank you for listening..

ppcc.edu says

Very hopeful and inspiring. It has been a tough year with my dad dying, someone stealing my dog, and going through rehab with my husband and son. I almost feel nothing and I am trying to connect with God again but it is going very slow. last week my oldest son told us that we are expecting our first grand-daughter. As wonderful as it is, I am having a hard time feeling the joy but I am hopeful! My heart is exhausted.

• 6 months ago
      terri says

“God made grandchildren for grandparents to love.” like you, i have seen the roads that led to my child’s rehab (twice). nothing compares to the gift a child makes to us in the form of a grandchild. prepare for your joy to be made full.

shalom..
      terri

• 6 months ago
        dawn says

Thank you Teri!

• 6 months ago
        Donna says

Are you posting my story? I also have a son and husband who struggle with addiction and a mental illness! I have read many good books and went on several retreats. There is JOY and peace in surrendering your loved ones to Jesus! Oh….and my grandson that was born out of wedlock is an indescribable gift of pure joy! What Satan intends for evil God can certainly use for His glory!

• 6 months ago
      teresa mckay-horsey says

hanging in there with you-we shall increase our faith and soar like eagles !

Debbie Gonzalez says

I don’t always read all of the stories or emails I get, because there are so many,
    But this one truly touched my very soul. Just amazing!