Women of Faith Webcasts Presents: The Storm Inside

Tuesdays, 7-7:30pm (CST), January 28 – February 5, 2014

Trade the Chaos of How You Feel for the Truth of Who You Are. In this FREE webcast series, best-selling author and Women of Faith speaker Sheila Walsh offers teaching and conversations about life’s storms with Lysa TerKeurst, Judah Smith, and Lisa Harper. They’ll share challenges they have encountered (including some they continue to face) and what God has taught them through the storms. Through personal stories and practical, easy-to-follow steps, Sheila and friends will help you deal with the storms in your own life. Don’t miss it! Learn more about the Webcast.

Comments

1. I have felt so alone of late but after reading the troubles these other ladies have I have no right to complain. I do ask God for help and at times I feel it might be too much. I do make it a point to thank Him constantly for all the guidance and love he gives me, but I guess I’m spoiled because I feel I’m not be recognized.
    I’m still mourning the death of my beloved husband, I’ll never have another love like him. Then, I have a 13 year old granddaughter who is unbearable. I would need volumes to explain the child’s behavior which unfortunately is, I can’t think of the word now so I have to say condoned.
    My daughters and grandchildren moved in with me when my husband died. I thought it would be good, but there are days when going home is like going into hell house.. There is no respect from my daughters nor their children. I pray constantly for guidance, patience.
    Should I be handling this situation differently. Give me guidance Father, please enter my granddaughters head and heart.
    Thank you.
    Carolyn

• 2 months ago
      Jackie says

My dear Sister Lehner,
      I am responding a month later to your post and pray your situation is better.

I understand you letting your daughters and grandchildren move in with you (I am so sorry for the loss of your husband). Have you talked with your daughters and grandchildren about the situation, told them how you feel? Sometimes as parents we can do more harm then good, become inablers. You have every right to ask your daughters to leave if the disrespect continues. I would set a time limit and let them know when you would like them to leave, Pray and ask God to show you the right time to approach your daughters. I suggest you get the book Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend.

Debbie Nunn says

Please keep me in your prayers. I have been sick with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and sciatica for most of my adult life. Its very painful! I just dont know how to get through this. I also have a teenager that is so full of hate he talks about murdering his father and brother. Im also going through E.D. with my husband and I stay frustrated most of the time. Thats just a piece of what Im going through and just that alone is too much. Lately I find myself starting to pray and all I can say is God help me. If any scriptures come to mind as you read this please share. I used to lead a women’s prayer group I know how to encourage others and I cant seem to lift my own. Thank-you for your prayers! God Bless you!

• 5 months ago
      Susie says

Debbie, my heart goes out to you. You are going through so much and absolutely deserve the help of others to lift the weight of physical and emotional pain that has been pressing down upon you. May God’s love comfort you when you feel alone and are filled with hopelessness and may the Holy Spirit fill your heart with love, peace and hope.

Prayers are also going out for you to regain your health and to be pain free and may our loving Father help guide you and your husband to the best doctors who can help your son with his anger and his feelings of hatred – his heart is hurting and he needs help to know how to release his anger in healthy ways. I pray that he will be helped spiritually and medically.I also pray that he will agree to counseling and medication that can help restore possible neurological chemical imbalances.

Counseling is a blessing for you as well. We all need to be heard and to receive validation when we express and share our feelings. I pray that your doctors can find the right medication for you, too to ease your pain.

The simple act of asking for help from God is all that is necessary. As long as we seek His help and call out for Him to help us, He will always be there. Even Jesus called out to Him while suffering on the cross when He felt forsaken.

I hope that it helps you to know that people are praying for you and care about you very much. You can’t see us, but we’re here, just like God is here with you even though you can’t see Him.

I hope that you can feel God’s love enveloping you like a wonderful hug!

From Romans 15:13

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

May God’s love bless and keep you and everyone in your family in His gentle care!

Susie

• 2 months ago
      Debbie says

Debbie,

I read your post today and although it is 3 months old, prayerfully things have gotten better for you and the family. I wanted to take this moment to encourage you in your walk with the Lord. Please remember that everything you are going thru is your testimony and God is always in control. It may not always feel great and it sometimes feels as if our prayers are not heard but God is the ultimate healer, protector and He keeps His promises.

Please meditate on Romans 8:28 “For we know that all things work together for the good for those that love the Lord and are called for His purpose”.

Keep trusting Him and although sometimes all you can say is help me, just know that He is listening to your heart.

Deneen

Melissa McCoy says

Just finished the book. Amazing. I spent weekend on the couch with God, book, tissue and really got so much clarity. God spoke through each page of this book. Thank you for your transparency and the soul bearing truth of God’s plan and purposes for each of us. His love is sufficient even in the storms.

Karen Chutter says

Slowly but surely God is quieting the chaos of my mind as i continue to deal with ongoing progressive disability issues, the fact that my daughter’s cancer has returned after 6 years and has morphed into a very rare type..prognosis and treatment unclear per Mayo Clinic. I became a believer in my 7the decade and was baptized through my Women in the Word group, 3 years ago. Having been washed by the Water, I now KNOW God will never, ever abandon me in the tough times ahead…after all, He was so patient and rescuing during the decades when I felt “I was on the Throne” and did not believe or understand that the Throne is His, Hallelujah! He is a patient and persistent God ;-) I thought I could handle the chaos of all those years by myself and was sorely inept. Praise God for these upcoming webcasts – I am sure they will nurture my heart and soul as God in all His Sovereignty has planned for me!!!~ Blessings on Sheila Walsh and Women on Faith!

• 7 months ago
      P J says

I am so sorry to know you and your daughter are having such a rough time. Having been through a debilitating illness for 5 years, I have learnt after some very tough times, to trust God even more. When family and friends were not there to help and support, I found courage in my Lord. There were times when I cried and shouted at God not knowing or understanding why my illness was so debilitating, but I would remember the scriptures I had read, when I was well and I found comfort in them. Knowing that if God had seen others like Job through, then he would help me. Please do find the comfort in God’s words, which may come directly to you (if you allow it), it may come through the bible, webcasts or your daughter. But it will come to sooth your spirit. Stay strong, stay believing, stay blessed.

• 5 months ago
      Susie says

Karen, you and your daughter are certainly in my prayers. May both of you receive the best possible care to help you and may God help guide your physicians in the right direction to provide you with the best treatments available. It’s a team effort, to be sure. It’s nice to be a part of your prayer team!

May God bless you and your daughter with His love,care, and protection and may He fill your hearts with hope, peace and love; and when the days are especially difficult, may you be granted strength to carry on. You can count on people here to keep you in our prayers!

A friend in Christ,