Hangout with Sheila Walsh & Lisa Harper

Sheila_Lisa_hangoutWatch Women of Faith speakers Sheila Walsh and Lisa Harper below for a Google Hangout. They’ll answer questions, talk about what God has done on the From Survival to Revival tour (so far), and more!

See system requirements for Google Hangout here.

Comments

1. 1 day ago
    maaribel says

I would love to talk to Shiela even if more a few minutes. I’ve written before but no answer. I have been going to WOF for about 15 years. I started with my daughter and group of friends. we love going there. 4 years ago, my daughter passed away in a car accident, my whole life has been shattered. I try begging God for help but don’t think I can make it. She was my best friend, we did a lot together, we visit the hospitals, she helped the needy and always worked with in the church. She sang and led worship and had a beautiful heart. Some times i beg God to take me home. She was 25 when she passed and it stills hurts like hell. Just need someone to talk to. I still go to WOF with friends, but with a big void in my heart. I will be in Hartford in Nov. love to see or talk to Sheila.

2. 2 days ago
    Sherri Dick says

Hi Sheila, our church ladies (60 of us) just last week finished your The Storm Inside series. On week eight you said you were called in to your Dr. Can you please tell us what happened? I played one of your solos after each session. You helped us so much and we love the way God shines through you. Love you at Women of Faith in St Paul, MN. My daughters and granddaughter never miss. God Bless

Sherri Dick
    Evangelical Covenant Church
    Bemidji, MN

3. 3 days ago
    maria krause says

Hi Lisa & Sheila.

I still consider myself a young christian only 10 years. I do a lot of bible study’s from Women of Faith and at my church, CBG in coral springs. I am currently reading the bible cover to cover it is an interesting journey. I am also looking for answers to this question, hoping you can help. ( How do you know when God speaks to you, How do you hear Him?) I also wanted to say Thank you for coming to Church by the Glades this past spring. I love Lisa and Heather, never miss their bible study.

4. 3 days ago
    Araceli Olivera says

Hi Lisa & Sheila I recently moved and my mother in law needed a place to stay so I prayed and God put in my heart to help her out, but recently a lot has been happening at home & have been so stressed and overwhelmed by it and now I am unsure if I did the right thing, not only do I have my mother in law living with us but now my husband’s sister with her 2 children are and we all have different views on things and sometimes there’s tention in the house.. there are days when I feel that I can no longer do it, my faith is being tested and I’m not liking what’s going on in my household, I don’t know what to do. I need some advice from such amazing godly women that you both are.

5. 3 days ago
    Peg Reutzel says

Lisa, did you finally get your little girl from Haiti? I hope so!

6. 3 days ago
    Shannon says

What are the steps in forgiving someone who raped me several years ago? I am full of bitterness, anger, depressed.

On top of that my father passed away 3 months ago. One week after that I discovered that my husband placed an ad on Craigslist seeking to meet other women in hotels during his travels for his job.

Am I that unlovable? What is wrong with me?

7. 3 days ago
    Bea Broadwater says

Shiela,
    I was in Springfield Missouri the same week you were. It was a difficult time for me. My mother passed away. I have through the years questioned my salvation but then I say to myself what more can I do. Nothing I know this but still question it. Any advice.

• 2 days ago
      christine says

Dear Bea Broadwater,
      First, I am very sorry for your loss of a mother. May God comfort you in this sad time.
      Next, I too had struggled for years and years with the assurance of my salvation. I believe part of my struggle was due to a church I grew up in, although well-meaning and I still love many people there as well as the pastor the emphasis was on “behavior” rather than God’s love and forgiveness. Teaching our identity in Christ Jesus was “hit and miss” teaching. Bottom line, I never knew who I really was in Christ and what that exactly meant. There are many reasons a believer doubt his salvation. If you have sincerly come to Christ and sought his forgiveness and a new life from him (with him as Lord/Master of your choices ect.) and are depending soley on his blood as your only means of your sin being removed, then you are saved sister!! That doesn’t mean you will behave perfectly or no longer have certain habits that you need to let go of but it means you want Christ to help you with those things that you know displease him. Just let the Bible be your written guide-daily, and the indwelling Holy Spirit your inner Guide. Pray, read the Word, get involved in a good Bible preaching/living church, and seek godly mature women who can mentor you. Also, memorize scripture that speak of God’ promise of forgiveness, love, and his constant presence in your life. Tell yourself every day “I am forgiven, I am loved, I am a born-again christian and nothing can change that-ever”!

8. 3 days ago
    Norma Hughes says

Hi Shelia
    I feel that it is time for me to move on from my current church home but I am not sure if it is my will or God’s will but do you guys have any insight on how to know if its me or God.

9. 3 days ago
    Sandy says

Hi Lisa and Sheila, I have a question about Bible study. I recently did a Made to Crave Bible study by Lisa Terkuerst and I absolutely loved her, so I got the Women of Faith DVD from last year and watched all you both. You three have got me so excited about studying the Bible. I read it everyday but I really want to study it and know it. I’m so overwhelmed on how and where to start. Could you please give me your opinion on where and how to jump in. I can’t wait to see you in September in Dallas!!

10. 3 days ago
    Kim says

Hi Shiela and Lisa,

I was laid off from my job in July, I am praying that I can now stay home with my children. (on with Down Syndrome). Please pray with me for a miracle that the financial provision will come through my husband, and that I can be a stay at home Mom! Financially it doesn’t look feasible, but I want to claim a victory for my family. Will you stand in agreement with me for this miracle from God?

11. 3 days ago
    Teesha says

I love opening up my e-mail every morning to see the reading for that day. I am very exicted to hear the message that you both have to give.

12. Sheila, Thank you for honestly sharing your trials. I am a broken women and you have inspired me to share my testimony of hope and healing from a wounded victim in a bikers’ gang war to a restored life in God’s transforming love. Your transparency gave me the courage to leave behind shame and condemnation and instead walk in God’s grace of deliverance and restoration. Many Blessings as you continue to encourage the body of Christ!

13. 4 days ago
    Kaitlin says

Dear Ms. Lisa & Ms. Sheila,
    First and foremost, thank you for sharing your lives, what God has done and your wisdom with all of us. I benefit greatly from reading your books and working through your bible studies. I have been a christian for 9 years now, since I was 17. I didn’t imagine my life would be peaches and cream afte coming to know Jesus, but I didn’t imagine it would be what it has become. I am 26 and I feel like I’ve been through hell and back. My mother was verbally abusive, my father cheated on my mother which wrecked my world as a young teenager, at 17 I was raped, and now I struggle from so many insecurities, fears, etc. I have to choose daily to walk with Jesus and praise him and serve him. I even work as a children’s director at my church. I feel as if I hide behind that position at times. Sheila, like you have said, ministry is an easy place to hide. It is hard and most days I wonder where God is, because I can’t feel or hear him anymore. I am depressed, overwhelmed, and feel like I am on the edge of a cliff. My question is: what is your best advice for moving past these circumstances, since the two of you have been through very rough things yourselves? Perhaps some tools or a bible study, I just need to do something other than what I am doing. I want to live in freedom, not bondage.

• 3 days ago
      Stephanie says

Been where you have been and I haven’t to constantly take comfort in God’s Word. It seems when it is worst we feel like He has left us which is such the opposite. One of my go to small studies that helps me know I am right where I am suppose to be and that God is right there too. It is called The Red Sea Rules by Robert J. Morgan. The same God who led you in will lead you out. – 10 God given strategies for difficult times. A wonderful resource I turn to time and time again.

14. I am looking forward to hearing you. Please pray for me and my family. Times are tough. I need reminding of how to put all the worries and and heartache at the feet of Jesus. Blessings. <3

15. 5 days ago
    Val says

Hi. I was wondering what you think God’s view is on a more than 10 years age difference between a couple?

16. 5 days ago
    Patti Dawson says

Hope you all are praying for Chonda
    Pierce and David during this critical time.
    Hope someone has called them!

17. How can you possibly have a hangout when I am 1000 miles away? I know that I am not a woman, but I am “of faith.” Shouldn’t that count for something? Seriously, I wish I could see ya’ll even if it was just for a minute. Miss both of you very much and hope you have a wonderful time hanging out while I suffer here in the mountains of Colorado. Blessings to both of you.

18. 1 week ago
    Susan says

Hi Lisa and Sheila,am a single mother of three, a girl and two boys.I lost my husband 16 years ago, my desire now is have a God fearing man to father my children especially the boys, but it seems hard to find one in the perverse generation for they all demand sexual relationship even before marriage and when you deny that they leave. I need your advise on how i should handle this.

• 3 days ago
      Christine says

Dear Susan,
      My heart goes out to you. My thoughts on this issue is, you just keep being a woman of God living with integrity. It is sad that there seems to be a “shortage” of men who truly want to put the Lord first and honor a woman by helping her to say pure (as he himself does). God will honor you for your purity and obedience-trust Him. Remember also you are never alone and God himself is your husband now (see Isa.54:5).

19. I have become even stronger in my faith over the year and the stronger i get it seems the enemy, the devil is trying to attack me everywhere i go. People seem to act strange towards me why? I know we go through suffering for being christians but i just don’t understand some strange situations i am in at times.

20. 1 week ago
    lisa manza says

Hi girls. I really don’t have a question, I just want to say that I am glad God is in my life. I was in an abusive marriage for 22 years. Why I did not leave. My son. Then God had a plan for me. In 2011 I had a mentally breakdown and harmed myself do to my ex drinking. I had to go to a behavior twice that year. Was put on medication and doing well now. My brother was fighting cancer and he called me to ask that I get blood work down to see if I would be a match for a bone marrow transplant. GOD was there and I was 100 percent. Female sibling is 35 percent. GOD made this happen so I could save his life and for me to live my ex. My brother is going on 31 months of remission. I divorced my husband and my life could not be better. GOD has been there for me through all the hardships volumes I have been through. I still deal with problems, but with God’s help he has help through. I was ‘re baptized last month’s and love going to Church and reading the Bible and other Christian and listen to Christian music. Thank you God for being there for me and continue to be with me. Thank you Lisa Ella Manza

21. Dear Lisa & Sheila,
    I find that I struggle with the “ups and downs” of this thing called life. I let life get in the way of living if you know what I mean! LOL Can you tell me something that you do daily, a scripture you remind yourself of, or a prayer you repeat that helps remind you that each day is full of these moments that make up our living, and each moment can be filled with awe and joy.

• 3 days ago
      Carol says

What works for me is having an eternal perspective on things. I ask myself, How much does this really matter from an eternal perspective? Our time here on earth is so short compared to eternity. We are living here to learn to die to self (our sinful nature) and learn to live for God. To glorify God and edify (build-up) others. Hang in there and feed that desire to know God more. Keep reading and studying your bible and stay in relationship with other Christians. I pray the Holy Spirit that lives in you would give you peace and direction to know that nothing compares to eternity with Jesus Christ.

22. 1 week ago
    Stephany says

I am so appreciative of your frank and merciful writings regarding depression and the love of God. You have been a human light of God in my darkness. Thank you for being real and for the willingness to be used by God in this way. I struggle almost daily with the voice inside that says “I am not enough; I am a disappointment.” I know this is not the voice of God but it tears me down so quickly. Do you have any suggestions for me? I have been a Christian almost all of my life. I’m so tired. Thank you!

23. This question is for Shiela Walsh. What was the inspiration behind ” He Knows My Name” and what was your own personal encounter with God that brought you to the realization that He knows your name?.

24. 1 week ago
    Cindy Flaskey says

I visited my Mom who is 94 and blind. I took some things in a pink Women of Faith bag that I received at
    Your Billings, MT Survival to Revival. It was a whirlwind trip and I had another very bright bag with me & I hardly understood when She said, “Tell me about the bag.” I do believe she meant your bag & I am praying it will bring healing and deliverance to her. Pray that God will give me words to answer next time
    we talk on the phone. Our God is amazing & He does answer your prayers. Bless you for all your hard
    Work.

25. 1 week ago
    Lisa says

What do you think about faith and mental illness?

26. 1 week ago
    Sally says

I struggle with the knowledge that the Bible has been translated so many times. Is there a Bible more closely related to the original writings? Also, how do we go about understanding the Bible within the writer’s context when we aren’t Jewish nor know the customs of Biblical times? For example, Jesus wasn’t born in a barn, he was born in someone’s living room. The greek word used originally meant “guest room.” Their guest room was full. Joseph, a direct descendant of King David would have had family in the city if nothing else. Without going to theology classes, how can I glean the most out of the Bible?

27. 1 week ago
    Clorette says

Lisa & Sheila you are like Paul and Peter in the bible to me, you both have had to really find your way through really difficult times and you both have been in really high positions in your life but the greatest one you choose was to serve the all mighty King of Kings and I’m so grateful for you both as you have both touched me with Gods love deep within my heart,mind and soul.
    Thank you for sharing and caring through your real life lives the great LOVE of our God.