Get ready, Spokane! Imagine is headed your way on September 17-18. It’s our sixth visit to your fair city and we’re bringing along Sheila Walsh, Luci Swindoll, Lisa Harper, Karen James, Michelle Aguilar, and Marcus Buckingham, Mary Mary and Nicole C. Mullen—plus the Women of Faith Worship Team—will handle the music end of things. All you have to do is come and be blessed! We did a little research on Spokane and learned . . .
- Spokane hosted the first environmentally themed World’s Fair in 1974.
- Bing Crosby grew up in Spokane—and spent three and a half years studying law there at Gonzaga University.
- Popular games Pictionary, Pickle-ball, and Cranium were all invented in Washington.
- Washington State produces more apples than any other state in the union.
- A Washington law states: “It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town.” (Anybody know how that’s working for them?)