A 10-hour Epic Miniseries on The History Channel. 3.3.13.
For two hours every Sunday night for five weeks, from March 3rd through Easter Sunday on March 31st, The History Channel will be airing the epic Bible miniseries produced by Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Voice, The Apprentice) and Roma Downey (Touched By An Angel).
“The Bible is a sacred text that continues to challenge and inspire,” said Mark Burnett. “We’ve been working on this project for the past two years and are deeply humbled to be given this once in a generation opportunity to breathe new visual life into the Bible’s profound stories. The Bible gives meaning and purpose to billions of people around the world, and sparks the curiosity of millions more.”
From Genesis to Revelation, this series will illuminate the Bible, re-telling the stories as they unfold and revealing new insights into these iconic characters in context of the Bible. The series will feature some of the most famous stories ever written from Noah’s Ark and the Exodus to Daniel in the Lion’s Den to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.
Imagine what will happen when 1 million Christians invite their friends, family and neighbors over to watch the Bible come to life like never before? You can make a difference in the lives of your friends, family, community and our country by sharing the story of Jesus and the redemptive message of the Bible in this powerful way! Download a FREE digital host kit here.
What People are Saying about The Bible Series
FAQ about The Bible Series
Is The Bible miniseries on the History Channel theologically accurate/correct/factual and based on biblical scripture?
- The Bible is a docu-drama based on the stories in The Bible. As with any dramatization, some stories and timelines were altered to create a moving story that fit the 10 hour time frame.
- Mark Burnett and Roma Downey did consult a team of advisers while writing and filming the miniseries. This team includes: Rick Warren – Pastor, Saddleback, Joel Osteen – Pastor, Lakewood Church, Erwin McManus – Pastor, Mosaic, Jim Daly – Focus on the Family, Sam Rodriguez – National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, Paul Eshleman – Campus Crusade for Christ, Bobby Gruenewald – YouVersion Bible, Brad Lomenick – Catalyst, Leith Anderson – National Association of Evangelicals, Frank Wright – National Religious Broadcasters, Tom Peterson – Catholics Come Home, Geoff Tunnicliffe – World Evangelical Alliance, Gabe Lyons – Q, Luis Palau, George Wood – Assemblies of God, Craig Groeschel – Life Church, Denny Rydberg – Young Life, Andrew Benton – Pepperdine University
- The Bible miniseries is based on the (NIV) New International Version and the (NRS) New Revised Standard Version of the Bible.
What parts/chapters/stories are included in The Bible TV miniseries?
- The whole Bible is represented in the 10 hours with stories including Noah’s Ark, The Exodus, Abraham, and the birth, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
When does The Bible on the History Channel air/start/broadcast? How many parts? How long is each part?
- The Bible airs on The History Channel beginning March 3, 2013. Check your local listings for showtimes.
- The Bible will air for 5 weeks – with 2 episodes each week, March 3rd thru Easter Sunday