Practical Tools and Resources to Go Deeper!
SPIRITUAL STRENGTH | LIFE LEADERSHIP | REAL RELATIONSHIPS
WOMEN OF FAITH SHOW with ALITA REYNOLDS
Be inspired to discover God’s redemption in your story and equipped to share it with those who need TRUE hope. This show features a wide range of guests who are impacting the world in big and small ways every day.
Get a feel for the show with a free sneak peek…
NOT SURE ON HOW TO START?
LEARN: CONSIDERATIONS WITH ADOPTION
Get your free Key to Hope on ADOPTION. The download will be sent to your email.
COLLECTION OF CLASSES
Comprehensive classes that coaches and equips you to walk in victory.
Our Women of Faith Collection of Classes are designed to help you and those you care about deepen your relationship with Jesus and make practical changes in your life. Sign up to watch the Women of Faith Collection of Classes and start moving toward the FREEDOM you crave.
A CHILD BORN IN THE HEART
Adoption is designed by God to meet the very real needs of those whom He created. “God sets the lonely in families” (Psalm 68:6). Adoption is often the highest expression of love because it reflects God’s relationship with all who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. True Christians are “adopted” into the family of God.
Adoption can be the means by which two negative situations join hands to make a positive. On the one hand, a woman is in a negative predicament, struggling with an unwanted pregnancy. She knows she is not in a position to give her baby the security and stability needed. On the other hand, an infertile couple has a negative plight: they cannot conceive a child. But adoption is an optimal solution that meets both needs. As they both join hands, these two negatives become a positive!
By God’s plan, a child can become a cherished member of the family through adoption, and the family tree adds a small branch. That child is “grafted” into the family. But this new branch need not be viewed as inferior. A grafted branch can have just as much strength and bear just as much fruit as any other branch in the family. In fact, a tree full of grafted branches can have just as much strength and bear just as much fruit as any other family tree . . . maybe more. This is all according to God’s plan, and that is why those involved in adoption need to know God’s heart, for He says,
“I know the plans I have for you . . .
plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Everyone wants and needs security. Lasting security begins with God. From the beginning of creation, God’s plan was to adopt you into His spiritual family. The Bible makes it clear, “He predestined us to be adopted” Ephesians 1:5.
Even now, He wants you to be secure in His love—secure in the hope that you will be with Him in heaven forever. He wants to be your true heavenly Father. “You received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry ‘Abba, Father.’ ” Romans 8:15
“Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”
Should You Consider Adopting a Child?
Don’t Adopt …
- if you secretly feel that an adopted child is second best to having a birth child
- if you are looking for a child to fill your emotional needs
- if you feel it is your moral duty to help a homeless child
- if you are seeking your identity through parenting
- if you fear dealing with inherited weaknesses
- if you cannot talk openly and honestly about the adoption
- if you and your spouse are not in complete agreement about the adoption
- if you are attempting to save your marriage
- if you have unrealistic expectations of yourself and others
- if you are uneasy about the biological history being revealed
“All a man’s ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart.”
Do Adopt …
- — if you are willing to pursue only a legal adoption
- — if you have a happy, stable marriage that is flexible enough to include another person
- — if you can truly love and accept a child who is not born to you
- — if you and your spouse are ready for a lifelong commitment to love a child sacrificially
- — if you are realistically prepared to accept the bad times along with the good times
- — if you and your spouse believe adoption is God’s will for you
- — if you are prepared for tension you may experience if you conceive a child after adopting
- — if you can accept the child’s failures and imperfections
- — if you can accept possible rejection and can wait patiently for love and acceptance
- if you have an understanding of godly discipline for children
“By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established.”
Key Verses to Learn
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”
Key Passage to Read and Reread
“For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’ The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
God will never leave you.
No matter what.
Let’s hold on to God’s promise of joy!
LIVE IN VICTORY!
100+ BIBLICALLY BASED RESOURCE TOPICS
READY TO GO DEEPER?
Be coached and equipped to boost your spiritual strength, experience real relationships, and be the life leader you are.
Want to learn more about our other 100+ topics? Check out the Women of Faith Resources, to discover biblical hope and practical help on these topics. The Women of Faith Resources are designed to help you – and help you help others – overcome difficulties, grow in maturity, and move forward in life.
God desires to give you hope as you face life challenges, problems and difficult trials. The good news for us, God specializes in redemption and transformation. He takes that which was lost and restores it. He takes that which was dead and gives it life. He takes that which had no hope and rewrites its story. This is our God! As you pray today, ask God boldly to transform the thing inside you that you want to see changed forever!
Thank you for your interest and support in Women of Faith. We pray God will encourage, equip, and empower you with His life-changing truth.