Copy and Creative Writer Intern
Women of Faith is looking for dedicated followers of Jesus who are passionate about making a difference to fill our Copy and Creative Writer Intern position. You’ve been called by God to use your gifts and talents for His purpose. We encourage you to pray for God’s direction before applying and throughout the hiring process. We look forward to you joining our team!
Task and Responsibilities
- Identify and write about stories within the congregation that demonstrate the activity of God in the ministry and is able to move the reader toward specific, strategic actions.
- Write and edit content for all communications channels, including weekly information, bulletins, event information, email newsletter, website, press releases, scripts, and social media.
- Ghostwrite occasional articles, blogs, bible studies, educational products and emails from senior leaders in the ministry.
- Edit the content created by others to ensure it is grammatically correct, strategically sound, and within the ministry’s branding and guidelines.
- Work with the ministry’s Communications Team to establish a style guide to make sure all communications remains consistent in style, tone, and branding.
- Identify, develop, and deploy volunteer ministry writers, contributors, and Voices to create content for the ministry.
- Participate in all staff meetings, events and retreats.
- Complete other writing tasks as assigned.
A talented Content/Copywriter who is able to effectively tell the story of what God is doing through our ministry in our community and around the world. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience writing in a variety of contexts, including web copy, social media posts, blog posts, newsletters, news and feature articles, press releases, scripts, and brief ministry descriptions. This role requires a candidate with a basic understanding of ministry and church beliefs and the ability to write within those beliefs. The Copywriter must also have a keen eye for detail and the ability to edit and proofread the writing of others.
- Microsoft Outlook (i.e. managing calendars, responding to emails)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Working towards their bachelor’s degree.
- Flexibility in schedule to be available during the following hours on a part-time basis:
Interested parties will need to submit the following:
- Video Application
- References and resume
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.