Graphics, Video & Web Development
Women of Faith is looking for dedicated followers of Jesus who are passionate about making a difference to fill our Graphics, Video & Web Development Intern position. You’ve been called by God to use your gifts and talents for His purpose. We encourage you to pray for God’s direction before applying and throughout the hiring process. We look forward to you joining our team!
Task and Responsibilities
The Web and Graphics Developer-Designer is responsible for the development and design of major and minor Web applications and components for external users. The developer will design, develop, test and deliver web sites, applications and components. Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to insure the success of the projects. The developer will have the ability to create web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment. They will be required to have experience in graphics, layout, scripting, programming, as well as development involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies such as, but not limited to, Java, CMS. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality design work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Operates effectively as a member of the development team.
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and adjustments.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Responsible for the development of web applications and components.
- Responsible for the design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia, GUIs.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and font style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Determining papers, colors, printing processes, and camera ready output. One must also have knowledge of the different formats and requirements acceptable to any electronic and/or digital media outlet.
- Design skills: knowledge of typography, spatial orientation, the handling and manipulation of images, freehand graphics, and basic design elements.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors. Prepares final layout print-ready files of art.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications.
- Solid understanding of navigation and SEO.
- Front-end and some back-end development experience. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
- Computer skills: computer design software systems; primarily Mac (InDesign, Photo Shop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Working towards their bachelor’s degree.
- Flexibility in schedule to be available during the following hours on a part-time basis:
Interested parties will need to submit the following:
- Video Application
- References and resume
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.