TIME MANAGEMENT & TIME VALUEMENT
Ready to start reading right now?
Download now for a complete and comprehensive reading on TIME MANAGEMENT.
KEYS FOR LIVING BOOKS
The Women of Faith Keys for Living books are designed for those looking for help and for those looking to help, the Keys for Living were created to help you … and help you help others. The Keys are great for personal study and growth, small group studies, and for teaching and training purposes.
What to Expect in the Keys: You’ll discover God’s wisdom and guidance in a simple format.
- Definitions help you understand the topic from God’s perspective.
- Characteristics give insight into the different aspects of the topic.
- Causes shed light on the underlying issues related to the topic.
- Steps to Solution (Step-by Step) show you how to be transformed, walk in freedom and live in victory.
WISDOM TO MAXIMIZE YOUR MINUTES
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.”
No one wants to look back on life and realize important opportunities were missed or precious time was wasted. We all want to enjoy the time God has given us and use that time to make a difference in the world. These Keys for Living resources provide practical help on how to prioritize what’s important, organize your schedule, and maximize your minutes. Don’t waste another moment—discover God’s plan and purpose for you!
“Making the most of time” can be a greatly misunderstood motto! Good time management is not marching to the beat of some rigorous, strict regimen on the road to productivity. It is finding the freedom to be all God created you to be by being balanced in your life and becoming a wise steward of time. This wisdom is poetically expressed in the balanced cadence of Ecclesiastes Chapter 3, encouraging you to live in harmony with God’s movement … to go with God’s flow.
God’s Presence in Time. The New Test ament Greek word kairos is time marked for a purpose and filled with meaning. While chronos emphasizes length and quantity of time, kairos emphasizes characteristics and quality. Time that is made et ernal by the presence of God is kairos.
“Be wise in the way you act ... make the most of every opportunity.”
- Time is a gift from God to bring pleasure and satisfaction.
“A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God.”
- Time is the opportunity to invest in that which will last forever.
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.”
- Time on earth is limited, and it forces us to focus on priorities.
“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
- Time is immaterial when one is in the presence of God.
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.”
WOMEN OF FAITH SHOW with ALITA REYNOLDS
Inspiring conversations that will encourage you to live the life you were created for.
Do you want to experience a deeper relationship with Jesus?
Do you need some encouragement that your story has a purpose?
Join Alita Reynolds, the President of Women of Faith, as she and her featured guests inspire you to live the life you were created for and equip you to walk more fully in God’s purpose for your life. Whatever your story, your life matters, you belong, and God wants you to live victoriously. You’ll meet a wide range of guests who impact the kingdom in meaningful ways every day. Their stories will inspire you to believe that when we walk by faith, ANYTHING is possible.
Practical Tools and Resources to Go Deeper!
SPIRITUAL STRENGTH | LIFE LEADERSHIP | REAL RELATIONSHIPS
NOT SURE ON HOW TO START?
LEARN: WHAT IS GOD'S HEART ON TIME MANAGEMENT?
Get your free Key to Hope on TIME MANAGEMENT. The download will be sent to your email.
COLLECTION OF CLASSES
Take a deep dive into complete and comprehensive teaching.
Learn with our collection of classes found by subscribing today PLUS receive so much more.
Our Women of Faith Collection of Classes are designed to help you and those you care about deepen your relationship with Jesus and make practical changes in your life. Sign up to watch the Women of Faith Collection of Classes at LIFTABLEtv and start moving toward the FREEDOM you crave.
Whatever you’re facing, your life matters, and God wants you to live in victory. Today is a great day to begin.
How Do You Utilize Your Time?
Do you manage your time well? In reality, you cannot manage time—you cannot slow it down or speed it up, but you can learn to make the most of your time! Your responsibility regarding time is listening to God’s Spirit and living in concert with God’s purposes for your life. The disciples were concerned that Jesus “take the time” to eat, yet He responded,
“My food … is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.”
Time Management … Achieving God’s Purposes for Your Life through Establishing and Completing Specific Goals
- Purposes (Ephesians 1:11–23)
- Goals (2 Corinthians 5:9–10)
- The why of your life
- The what of your life
- You are created in God’s image to have fellowship with Him.
- In what ways do you grow in fellowship with God?
“Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness.’ ”
Components of Time Management and Time Valuement
Scripture encourages us to “make the most of every opportunity,” suggesting that our time can be used in a disciplined and productive manner. Good stewardship with your time is no less important than good stewardship with your other gifts from God. Time is a treasure, a valuable commodity for which God holds each of us accountable.
“Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.”
- Accepting responsibility
- Setting priorities
- Avoiding rationalizations
- Rejecting false guilt
- Escaping responsibility
- Focusing attention
- Overeating, sleeping, daydreaming, reading
- Scheduling recreational activities
- Engaging in excessive entertainment
- Overlooking priorities
- Determining direction
- Putting tasks off until tomorrow
- Establishing tasks
- Wasting time on unimportant tasks
- Making rationalizations
- Refusing excuses
- Manufacturing excuses
- Avoiding self-pity
- Indulging in self-pity
- Being consumed with guilt
- Rebuffing shaming accusations
- Succumbing to shame
- Resisting preoccupation with regret
- Being paralyzed by regret
“All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.”
- Becoming focused
- Eliminating clutter
- Committing to dependability
- Holding on to hope
- Failing to be focused
- Concentrating effort
- Lacking concentration
- Completing projects
- Abandoning projects
- Accumulating clutter
- Working neatly
- Ignoring neatness
- Organizing space and resources
- Neglecting work environment
- Failing to be dependable
- Keeping appointments
- Forgetting appointments
- Meeting deadlines
- Missing deadlines
- Forsaking hope
- Seeking a vision
- Working without a vision
- Staying motivated
- Lacking motivation
- Giving God control
- Valuing rest and leisure
- Balancing play and work
- Setting boundaries
- Allowing others to control
- Avoiding manipulation
- Submitting to manipulation
- Practicing unconditional acceptance
- Exercising performance-based acceptance
- Giving up rest and leisure
- Curtailing work to get sufficient sleep
- Losing sleep due to excessive busyness
- Striving for all-around health
- Sacrificing health for perfectionism
- Feeling guilty when not working
- Prioritizing people over projects
- Prioritizing projects over people
- Planning time for family and friends
- Needing personal recognition above family and friends
- Being unwilling to say no
- Pleasing God before pleasing people
- Pleasing people before God
- Confronting inappropriate behavior
- Seeking “peace at all costs”
“Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
Consequences of Poor Time Mismanagement
Frustrated Earthly Life
- Lack of intimacy with the Lord
- Lack of quality in personal relationships
- Lack of ability to relax
- Lack of ability to enjoy being quiet
- Lack of rest and leisure
- Lack of satisfaction in work
- Lack of emotional stability
- Lack of physical health
- Lack of joy and optimism
- Lack of a sense of self-worth
Key Verses to Learn
“Be wise in the way you act ... make the most of every opportunity.”
“He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly.”
“The fool folds his hands and ruins himself. Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.”
Key Passage to Read
Ecclesiastes Chapter 3
LIVE IN VICTORY!
100+ BIBLICALLY BASED RESOURCE TOPICS
READY TO GO DEEPER?
Be coached and equipped to boost your spiritual strength, experience real relationships, and be the life leader you are.
Want to learn more about our other 100+ topics? Check out the Women of Faith Resources, to discover biblical hope and practical help on these topics. The Women of Faith Resources are designed to help you – and help you help others – overcome difficulties, grow in maturity, and move forward in life.
God desires to give you hope as you face life challenges, problems and difficult trials. The good news for us, God specializes in redemption and transformation. He takes that which was lost and restores it. He takes that which was dead and gives it life. He takes that which had no hope and rewrites its story. This is our God! As you pray today, ask God boldly to transform the thing inside you that you want to see changed forever!
Thank you for your interest and support in Women of Faith. We pray God will encourage, equip, and empower you with His life-changing truth.