Embracing Your Go-Getter Personality | Alita Reynolds and Dr. Talithia Williams
In this episode, meet Talithia Williams, a math professor, science communicator, and TV personality who is also a wife and mother. Talithia and I discuss how she manages to juggle all of her roles. She is thoughtful and credits her supportive family and husband for encouraging her to pursue her passions. Our conversation is light-hearted and humorous, with Talithia's comedic talents shining through. Talithia shared her experiences of being a believer in secular spaces and how to navigate the balance between being bold and respectful. The episode offers an inspiring and entertaining look at a multi-talented woman who refuses to be defined by just one label.
Here are my Top 3 Favorite moments from the conversation with special guest
Dr. Talithia Williams.
- We are all called to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our respective industries. It's not just those in ministry who do the work for the Lord. As believers, we are called to be the light in a dark world and share the love of Jesus wherever we go.
- Have a spirit of boldness and God confidence. Talithia spoke about how God has been talking to her about having a spirit of boldness and standing on a solid foundation. We don't have to apologize for being Christian or hide our faith. Instead, we can be unapologetically Christian and share our beliefs with confidence.
- It's not about your position. It’s about your positioning. Talithia shared how it's not about the job or the hobby, but the level of connection we have with others. Our relationships with people are what matter, as they provide us with opportunities to impact them for Jesus and eternity.
I hope you all enjoy this episode as much as I did. It reminds us of our calling as believers and how we can navigate secular spaces with boldness and grace. Everyone has a role to play in sharing the love of Jesus. It's not just those in ministry who are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus, but everyone in their industry and everyday life. We can all be a light in a dark world and share the love of Jesus with those around us.
We pray that you take away some valuable insights on positively impacting those around you. Remember to share your thoughts and takeaways in the comments!
Points to Listen out for:
- Unlimited possibilities in life.
- Life's Unexpected Twists.
- Relationship with Jesus.
- Prayer and listening to God.
- Struggling with identity.
- Reaching non-believers through relationships.
- Generosity in the airport.
- Jesus' Unhurried Nature.
- Eternal impact of our actions.
I am wildly cheering you on,
About Talithia Williams
Renowned for her popular TED Talk,
"Own Your Body's Data,” Dr. Talithia Williams takes sophisticated numerical concepts and makes them understandable to a wide audience. She demystifies the mathematical process in amusing and insightful ways, using statistics to see the world in a new light and transform our future through the bold new possibilities inherent in the STEM fields.
Dr. Williams develops statistical models emphasizing the spatial and temporal structure of data and has partnered with the World Health Organization to develop a cataract model to predict the cataract surgical rate for African countries. Through her research and work in the community at large, she is helping change the collective mindset regarding STEM in general and math in particular - rebranding the field of mathematics as anything but dry, technical, or male-dominated but instead a logical, productive career path that is crucial to the future of the country. She is active in her faith community and serves with her husband as a Christian marriage mentor couple, all while being the mom of three amazing boys.