- Anger is appropriate at certain times.
- Anger must be resolved, or it becomes sinful.
- Anger can be curtailed.
- Anger, if not stopped, can be used by Satan.
- Anger, if prolonged, gives ground to Satan.
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God.”
- Anger can lead to unwholesome talk.
- Anger can grieve the Holy Spirit.
- Anger can be totally cancelled.
- Anger becomes sin when it results in bitterness.
- Anger must be eradicated before it turns to rage.
- Anger must be let go before it leads to fighting.
- Anger must be overcome before it leads to slander.
- Anger must be mastered before it becomes malicious.
- Anger can be conquered through kindness and compassion.
- Anger can be fought and defeated through forgiveness.
“Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
Facing the Internal Fire
Is your commute plagued by road rage?
Do you battle difficult people every time you step into the grocery store?
How often have you sat alone after an argument, regretting your harsh words?
Do you try to control your emotions and find yourself at the mercy of unpredictable anger?
Anger can make you feel like a powder keg, vulnerable to even the smallest spark. When you lose control, the flames can be explosive, singeing your relationships, charring your work and burning your health. In truth, anger is a positive emotion, designed by God as a warning signal to alert you to a problem. But if left unchecked, anger grows into deep destructive bitterness.
God can help you uncover the source of your anger whether injustice, hurt, fear or frustration. He is ready and able to heal your heart and help you control your anger before it controls you!
To learn more about working through anger, check out our resources on ANGER
AND... you are able to check out all of our resources here: RESOURCES
Women of Faith is a global ministry, providing digital media, resources and events to encourage and equip women to experience a deeper relationship with Jesus.